G'day mates

FrodoBeanbaggins

Hi everyone

I've been lurking on this forum for a while but finally got around to joining. Better late than never!

I'm a software developer currently busy with my 189, which I've been doing on my own because apparently I like doing things the hard way :) If all keeps going well I'll be heading to Sydney before the end of the year.  After receiving my IELTS results last week I took the next big step of submitting my EOI, and now the wait begins.

After spending about five weeks total in Australia over the last couple of years and loving every minute of it, the pieces just started falling in place. I still remember the day that I looked out over Sydney harbour and realised I no longer had any doubt that I was going to call this my home.

I'm very fortunate to have friends offering me a bit of a safety net when I arrive while I look for a job and get settled in.

Anyway, it's amazing (and scary) seeing how many other people are together on this crazy road. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, I trust your dream is realised, and that you spend your first Christmas in Sydney, this year!

Welcome! Glad you signed up and said hello. :) 

Juat a heads up. "How's it going?" is the new "G'day mate"

10 hours ago, BrendanH said:

Juat a heads up. "How's it going?" is the new "G'day mate"

With the variation "How ya going", also encountered. It's somewhere between 'How are you?' and 'How is it going?' I didn't catch it the first few times.

Btw, welcome here! And don't worry too much about doing it on your own, I did our application myself as well. It just depends on how "standard" your application is, some are easier than others. ;) Good luck!!!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. @BrendanH Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1