Ready for change?

APingo

Hi there! My name is Anneke Pingo, I'm 33 years old, am married and have 3 children, ages 6, 4 and 3 (yeah, I know ??) We have family, pretty much all over OZ, from Toowoomba, Brisbane, Perth and in between...I haven't introduced myself yet because, well I don't have anything to tell yet!  I have been browsing this forum and find it very helpful and informative.  We're still getting the necessary docs and money together, but are very certain of our decision and determined to make it happen.  So, watch this space?Hopefully soon I'll have more to say...

Hi Anneke, welcome to our part of the cyber world. We hope that you will find answers to many of your questions here.

One thing you left out is employment... with three kiddies, I am guessing that you may wish to remain home, but what does hubby do?

Thanks Mara. I've been a stay @ home mom ever since my eldest son was born, that's 6 years now...Before that I was a practicing attorney...not that that will help me at all in Oz ?...I will in any case prefer to stay at home.  We are currently home schooling the kids, so would love to continue with that!  my husband is actually an operations manager and director and shareholder in a construction company, however he doesn't have a qualification in that. He started as 'plumber' 9 years ago and when we decided about 2 years ago that we want to make the move to oz he did his trade test, that was is July 2015.  Every avenue we tried 2 years ago was a dead end. We have now made contact with Stephen Dickson (whom I met through this forum, so thank you?) and according to him, we now have a good chance to go with a 189 or 190 visa.

• Like 3

Welcome APingo may your journey be smooth and may everything go according to your plans.

• Like 1

I understand that each parent makes their own choice about educating their kids but don't write off the Australian public school system. So far our experience has been absolutely phenomenal. Certainly better than the expensive private school we sent him to in Cape Town where all the teacher wanted to do was put him on Ritalin.

Anyway, good luck!

• Like 2

@APingo Clearly a case where a migration agent is worth their weight in gold. Great to hear you contacted a professional to make your dream come true! :) Good luck with the application... and the waiting, keep us posted!

• Like 1

Thanks @CyberJoe So much to do, will keep you posted!

@BrendanH we'll keep that in mind! We were paying a ridiculous amount of money  for a private school (and they're still preschool <_<) because English medium public school just isn't an option for us:blink:in this beautiful country of ours! So we opted for home school, and I must say, the difference is noticeable! The bond my kids have formed is heartwarming, their manners commendable, just to mention a few...however, nothing is set in stone so we will cross that bridge when we get there:D