2016 PE to Austrailia . . .

Deedle

I will be moving this year Deedle. Just waiting for my PCC, hopefully will have that next week and then my visa shortly afterwards. *touch wood*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavePE said:

I will be moving this year Deedle. Just waiting for my PCC, hopefully will have that next week and then my visa shortly afterwards. *touch wood*

Holding thumbs :-)

19 hours ago, Minime said:

Hi, we are not in PE, but also starting the big move process this year :)

19 hours ago, Minime said:

Hi, we are not in PE, but also starting the big move process this year :)

Good luck! Hope the process goes smoothly! We are writing our IELTS in Feb - January sitting was already full in PE.

• Like 1

Hi Deedle

We are also based in PE and will be migrating this year probably in Winter. We are still undecided where we will settle but Sunshine coast or Gold coast has the most appeal. We have more friends in Perth area, which is an agonising choice because I feel Perth may be a little isolated in Australian terms. Most of my Aussie friends however, say it doesn't matter where we settle as long as we just come. I am currently in the waiting phase of getting our Visas and the issues at hand are, sell the house, choose a place to settle, start selling stuff we wont be taking and spill the beans to friends family and acquaintances that we are emmigrating! What a year this is going to be.

Edited by JandBwithR
  • Like 2

On 13 January 2016 at 3:29 PM, Deedle said:

Just wondering if anyone in PE is starting or in process with the big move to Aus in 2016?

We live in PE should be lodging end of January...very excited

• Like 2

I didn't realise there were so many people on here also planning on going to Australia this year, it does make it very exiting!

We are starting by moving in with my parents and then getting ID's (got married last year) and passports and unabridged certificates at the end of January, so that we can start the long wait for that to arrive. After that it will be Academic IELTS for me and appointing a migration officer. Still have a million things to do, but baby steps right?

• Like 1

Hi JandBwithR,

I have lived in Perth for over 5 years and it is VERY isolated and work prospects on most fronts are pretty poor in comparison to the east coast. In fact I am busy looking for work over east so i can move over there. Cant wait to hear you land! :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15 January 2016 at 8:19 AM, Shen1 said:

We live in PE should be lodging end of January...very excited

We are in PE as well and expecting our visa at about October this year !

All our family are in the Gold Coast already and we are very excited to go !

Ammie

Edited by Ammie
wrong spelling

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone

My husband and i are doing research and have decided to do the big move.

We are looking at using an agent. Please advise on a reliable agent?

9 minutes ago, Lestone said:

Hi Everyone

Hi Lestone,

You will probably have more luck starting a new thread in the immigration section. 

44 minutes ago, Lestone said:

Hi Everyone

Hi Lestone and welcome to the forum.

We went through Michelle Oztas at Australia Migration. michelle@australianmigration.co.za is her email and 0117839440 is her office line.

We could not find anyone in PE. Everything except the police certificate is done electronically so it isnt an inconvenience going through Jo 'burg.

You can write your IELTS test here and Dr Louis Visser does your medical.

I saved money by first doing my skills assesment myself which reduced the agent fee by 50%.

4 hours ago, Lestone said:

Hi Everyone

We used Migrate 2 Oz and couldn't be happier! PR Visas were granted on 20/03/2016 exactly one week after I finally got my Unabridged Birth Certificate from home affairs and submitted it to our Case Officer.

On 14 January 2016 at 11:49 AM, DavePE said:

Edited by Ammie
Wrote in the wrong area

Just to let everyone know that I am an Estate agent in PE and we are also moving to the Gold Coast the end of the year. So if you still want to have your house sold hassle free this year I can assist you . Just contact me anytime. I am a principal agent with IPC Properties.

Looks like there are more from PE now than when we started :)

Hi everone,

We're also from PE! We submitted our skills assessment last week but they need the full syllabus. Struggling to get the syllabus from Unisa, :angry:

Will keep you updated how it goes...

Hi guys, we in PE too...we just booked our medicals & X-rays for next week. Last stretch I guess.

Perhaps all those in PE should meet up & exchange ideas. We heading to Perth.

Lets engage!!!

I think getting together is a great idea. But we are in Aus in the moment and won't like to miss out. Can we do something tigether for after the 20 th April ? 

• 2 weeks later...

I left PE many years back and settled in Aus. I promise you that after all the fuss of moving and things settle down, you will be happy with the decision.

Simply stay humble, keep the faith, dont compare yourselves to anyone else and what they have or don't have.

My wife and I still have times when we say we never thought we would be here 15 yrs back but its been an awesome adventure.

Everything worth doing is going to be more challenging and every tough situation is only temporary.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone. My husband and I currently live in PE. We got our 189 visa, did our visa activation visit and after we came back 21 Aug things are moving very quickly. 

I must admit I am shaking in my boots. We gave notice at work 1 Sept, finish 30 and leave for Aus 15 October. We will settle in Perth for now.  We are also young and recently married....so we only have ourselves to worry about. Respect for all out there who is doing it with a family.  We also won't be sending anything with container, it'll just be us and a everything we can fit on the plane. Luckily SAA are very lenient with baggage allowance to Aus. We can each take 2 × 23kg pieces and for only R 450 per piece we are allowed to take another 3 × 23kg pieces..thats a total of 5 suitcases per person...that seems like quite a lot so I am not sure if we will make use of full allowance.  So we leave in 5 weeks and are very excited to start fresh in the land down under. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I grew up in PE and moved to Australia 8 years ago. I know it is not exactly what the topic of the thread is but I am a PE boy. Any specific questions you might have let me know. I arrived in Sydney and lived here ever since. Never looked back. I went to Grey and matriculated in 1989. Lived in Walmer and Linkside for most of my PE life.

• 2 weeks later...

Also in PE, done ELTS tests, busy with Aus Engineers assessment. hope to leave in a year or so.. Need to pay off some debts, and save up a little.. Not sure yet where in Aus we'll be destined, but really excited looking forward to the move.