Exercise physiologist

MichSA

Question

Hi Everyone, I was referred to this forum by a friend and I must say its lovely to see everyone helping one another! :)

I am a Biokineticist, which apparently is an exercise physiologist in Auz. As a result of this, I will be the main applicant. However, I have to go through quite an accreditation process to be able to practice in AUZ. Does anyone know if this affects the likelihood of getting a positive skills assessment or affects the VISA application in anyway?

I also have spoken to Reuven at migrate2oz and Andrew Kerr at network migration and they have both given us different advice. As a result, I am feeling very overwhelmed and confused....

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)

5 answers to this question

Hi MichSA,

Type in "Exercise Physiologist" in the following website:

https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/

It doesn't look like that would be a very good occupation to immigrate on. Are you married? If so what is your partner's occupation?

Hi Dave, thank you for your reply.  My husband has an MBA and is currently a divisional manager. They advised that I should be the main applicant. It's interesting because we were told that they were looking for skilled applicants in my profession in Queensland and Melbourne. 

This is a tough one. The ANZSCO site I posted in my original link will have the very latest information regarding which occupations are currently available for a PR visa. Could your husband's occupation not fall under something on either the SOL or CSOL lists? "Divisional Manager" could potential fall under one of the "management" occupations. i would contact one of the migration agents recommended on this site regarding your eligibility to be able to apply for the visa. This would be the most pressing issue in my opinion. No point going through the assessment process for an occupation that's not really eligible for a visa in the first place.

If you do receive a green light on your occupation i would make use of the VETASSESS "advisory service". It's $130 and you get a $50 discount once you apply for your full assessment. The advisory service allows you to answer a number of questions about your occupation and degree, and the chances of getting a positive outcome should you apply for the full "official" assessment.

Thank you Dave! We chatted to two agents and have had differing opinions, both say we should be able to get in but I would have to score high on the English test. Thank you for your advice. :)