DIBP contact email and questions on Medical

Sweepea

Question

I paid for 189 visa on 7dec and received email on 14 December with Hapid and request for documents. Email said to respond in 28 days. The first available appointment with Dr Cobb is 11Jan and Hatmed is closed til 4jan. How do I contact DIBP to inform them I can't respond in 28 days? Checked website but can't find suitable mail as it talks about contacts for things like interpreters, careers, etc? 

Also applied for PCC and SANDF clearance certificate but that will take a while.

Secondly, I made a mistake in answering medical questions under health assessment for hubby on operations and/or hospital admissions. How do I correct answer as I already submitted? Same with my baby boy where I answered "no" yet he had day procedure for grommets in ears.

thanks in advance!

feel like things are happening at a good pace from DIBP side but would have been great if we didn't need to wait so long for medical tests, etc.

BTW do you think the fact that I'm on antidepressants and hubby on ADHD meds could affect our application? Meds for me are under R200 per month and I think about R200 for hubby.

7 answers to this question

Hi Sweepea,

Which VPO (Visa Processing Officer) area do you fall under? I can help with contact emails for WA. If you made a mistake on the forms you need to fix it RIGHT away or your application may be refused. If you cannot provide the items within 28 days all you need to do is provide proof to DIBP. I suggest you get a letter from the doctor's admin to say that the earliest you can get an appointment is 11 Jan. They are quite fair in this regard. 

I cannot speak for your medical conditions, that is for the VPO to decide. 

Edited by SurferMan

You can email your Case officer using the same email address that they used when they notified you that your case was allocated. If you can't submit documents within 28 days also email them and let them know and they will give you an extension. The email address we got from the  case officer was something like this gsm.allocated@border.gov.au hope this helps.

• Like 1

Medicals depends on where you are doing yours prices are different. Police clearance certificate is R96

for those who require a number in future if your visa is already in process, thanks to Chips here is: 0061731367000 it's ideal to call between 2am to 4am

when I got through to the call centre, they assured me that as long as I had the automated response to my email, all was in order. There are apparently 4000 emails that DIBP is working through at the moment. I was also informed that although I was given 28 days to provide docs, they are aware that not everybody can submit all docs on time especially as it was the festive season. They would look at submissions 2 weeks after 28 day deadline.

Hope this helps anybody else

• Like 1