Company making an offer to Brisbane - will a 186 Visa work for Brisbane PR?

riaanpdaddy

Question

Hi Forumites,

I am quite far down the process with a Canadian company that is setting up a legal entity in Brisbane, Australia. I have not completed my EOI yet as I am waiting for February to increase my points after I retake the IELTS. However, I recently found out they will be making me an offer in January if all goes to plan.

Most of the questions and topics in here are for people applying for visas without a job offer. I am fairly certain I have to apply for the 186 Employer Nomination Scheme after the company has nominated me - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/186-#, but I could complete the EOI in the mean time and then wait for the nomination.

My question is:

Somewhere I saw that Brisbane, Gold Coast and other parts of Queensland are not eligible for this visa? Is this true? I can't find that information again.

Edited by riaanp

1 answer to this question

Hi riaanp, 

Not true. A 186 ENS visa is employer sponsored, and not subject to limits. You will still need to do English tests (IETLS) and medicals, but it is a lot easier. You must go the Direct Entry route, the 186 visa has three pathways, you will go Direct Entry. 

Good luck mate!

• Like 1