187 Visa

dowey

Question

Hi everyone on this forum

I have submitted an EOI for the 187 Visa.

I am a Primary School Teacher, wishing to work in Western Australia.

Has anyone ever received a 187 Visa ???

Advice will be very much appreciated.

Thank You

4 answers to this question

It will be a long shot.

I run my own company in Australia and was able to log into the SkillSelect system and there are 32 applications in there for Primary Teacher 187 Visa for WA. Just so you know what you are up against. Applicants are from all over the world. No personal details are visible at the stage I am researching but country of origin can be seen.

Have you researched New Zealand instead?

Hi RYLC

Just so you know what you are up against. Applicants are from all over the world. No personal details are visible at the stage I am researching but country of origin can be seen.

How many applicants are from South Africa??

What is the total of applicants now for south africa??

Dowey it doesn't matter how many applicants are from RSA because country of origin is not taken into account with visas.

RSA applicants are not a special, "sort after" category. It might surprise you to know that RSA is not the top country of origin for migrants either. The UK is so there are plenty of first language English speakers applying. Other English speaking countries that have lots of applicants generally are America and Canada as well.

Yes there are applicants from India, Russia, other countries I've never heard of but it has no bearing on the process.

Counting the number of applicants from RSA will not improve your chances and in my 15 years in Oz I have not seen or heard that teachers are offered sponsorship. There may be the very odd exception. Sorry to say but I don't think the 187 application will go anywhere in the current job climate.

Oh and just to add: the other applicants for teaching on a 187 are also just taking a punt like you are. There are no offers being made.