do you need IELTS for a 457 visa

hmvanrooyen

Question

10 answers to this question

My daughter had a letter from her university stating her degree was taught in English and that she was proficient in English.

http://www.prepareforaustralia.com.au/australia-visa/visas/english-competency.aspx

If you have completed your education in ONE of the ways below, this will serve as proof of your English competency.

1. You have completed all of your primary education and a minimum of 3 years of your secondary education in a school that teaches ENTIRELY in English. The school can be located in Australia or overseas.
  2. You have completed a minimum of 5 years of secondary education in an school that teaches ENTIRELY in English. The school can be located in Australia or overseas.
  3. You have completed a minimum of 1 year of full-time study (or the equivalent in part-time study) towards a degree, post-graduate degree, diploma, or associate diploma at an institution that teaches ENTIRELY in English. The school must be located in Australia.
  4. You have completed a degree, post-graduate degree, diploma, or a trade certificate (requiring a minimum of 2 years of full-time study) The program was taught ENTIRELY in English. The institution can be located in Australia or overseas.

IELTS is needed. Unless you can prove the details above.

For the 457 you only need a band score of 5. But if you want to get the PR sorted i think you need higher. I just studied and did as best as i could. Got every 9 except writing which was 7.5.

Edited by KnoxFamily
  • Like 1

Thank you for the advice

My wife is going to get the vis, she will be the 457 visa holder, is it also a requirement for me to do the ielts then?

I'm going as a spouse?

No i am the main applicant.

My husband has not needed to do it.

Where are you off to

Thank you for the advice I really love this site.

Katherine australia! Been at it for 3 years now!

Its been a ride wow, where are you guys?

We are off to sydney area / posibly settle in the central coast area.

I will be able to work from home alot. So it makes things easier. Especially with kids

We were granted our 457's but must have been on a different process, as we didn't need anything except for medical chest x ray luckily!

Good day all 

I have an question i want to apply for Sponsorship i already have places in mind who sponsored other people.

To be Honest we do not have money for an Agency to help help so we have do start from the beginning.We do have a Car loan at this moment.No assets to sell we are renting

I'm not sure should my husband do the English test first and the Electrical test.He is an Electrician working on a Mine he is qualified and works for 5 years in his Occupation.(Red seal)

I work as a P.A at a Law firm.

We have a Baby Girl 18 Months old and the i am 22 and Husband is 26 years old.

All the help we can get i would appreciate :)

Love Cilliers Family 

Hi, 

From my understanding is that the employer has to carry the cost of the visa application. 

My advise would be to get the ielts. Speak to those employers about sponsorship and if they are keen, they can start the process.

You also have to be nominated for a position.

Start getting together the following.

Unabridged birth certificates 

Passports

Police clearance certificates never know if you may need them 

Any educational certificates 

Employment references dated start to finish with your id number and name

Resumes

Book and study for ielts 

• Like 1

Thank you :) KnoxFamily

This helps alot.

We are so Confused to be honest.

I will start to get all info together.And to start getting a Passport for my baby girl also.

We pray on the end everything will work out for us.

Cilliers Family

• Like 1