Internode ADSL2+

EmNew

Hi,

Has anyone used this isp / network service provider ? Broadband internet is a must for us, due to hubby being an avid online PC gamer, so mobile plans not an option for his hobby.

Just doing our research, in anticipation of moving into our own apartment later this month.

Many thanks.

Cannot help you with that, but I am with TPG and they have given me great service thus far!

EmNew, look at the ADSL map on the tpg site. It will show you which homes will have better coverage.

https://www.tpg.com.au/maps/

Your adsl performance is way more about how far you are from the exchange than which ISP you choose.

Also. If your computer accessed your ADSL router via WiFi and not an Ethernet cable, think about buying a $200 Asus WiFi router or a nighthawk and plug it directly into the ADSL router.

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/netgear-r8000-nighthawk-x6-ac3200-triband-wifi-router-nbn-ready-ab55777

Hi there,

We're with Internode. Won't be able to speculate about what speed you'll get due to all the variables (distance from exchange etc.) but I can vouch for them being a good company to deal with from a customer service perspective. We've been with them about 18 months now and prior to that were with iiNet (which owns Internode) for many years. We only switched to Internode because we needed a fiber connection and iiNet don't provide those in our area so they moved us to their "sister company". Their customer support goes through the same support network and the staff are easy to deal with and very efficient. We've only had positive experiences dealing with both iiNet and Internode and would highly recommend them both.

Regards,

z

We are with internode and have only ever had great service. They are also the only company that has dedicated Telstra technicians working for them and can very often organise a line when Telstra tell you that there are no points left in the exchange.

It's worth noting that Internode is owned by Iinet which is owned by TPG.

So, your choice with ADSL is to go with a TPG company or Telstra.

It's too early to tell their plans. Buy many people are hoping TPG keep running Internode as a premium service with premium customer service. But even I don't expect TPG companies not to share the same network pretty soon. The only difference will be the call centre you get put through to

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/technology/46126-what-tpg-buying-iinet-means-for-competition-in-australia-control-shift.html

It's sad, a big part of why TPG bought IInet was because the government is limiting their ability to install fibre optic cables ;(. The government worries that if TPG installs fibre in the big cities, then the National Broadband Netwotk won't make enough to provide Broadband to the rural communities...

So now I don't have the NBN and I don't have fibre connectivity from TPG either...

Edited by monsta

Thanks for the feedback - hubby signed up with Internode today.....

Internet, whooohoo!!! Enjoy it!

EmNew Its a 10min walk up to the Optus head office or TPG head office.

My ADSL speeds are terrible because the exchange is far away. I only get Optus signal in certain parts of our apartment.

Perhaps I should bring out the South African in me, walk the 10 mins and do my best "angry Juju supporter" protest dance outisde their head offices :) I am just not sure who will give me my free shirt or pay me for my time...

With the on/off/on/change/telstra network sale/we don't want telstra network debacle since RUdd said it would cost 5 billion for fibre to the premise promise to Australia it has not been worthwhile for any internet provider to have any major internet capability investment just in case it becomes a stranded asset. As a result Australia has gone backwards in terms of the Internet over the last 7 years.

I suspect you will only be able to get a decent improvement as the NBN rolls out. On the NBN site there is a roll out plan for you to wipe your tears on. Because Rudd/Gillard needed the two rural MP's to be able to form a coalition the roll out in more remote areas, and arguably areas that did not need the NBN as a priority, remote areas have been placed in the front of the queue, which makes the whole thing even more obscene.

Edited by 19yearsoutofrsa

As with Westnet, also now owned by iiNet which is owned by TPG. so doesnt matter who you go with, you will soon be calling South Africa for tech support as the call centre is in Cape Town. So much for healthy competition in Australia. As with everything, it is all owned by two major players. :)

As with Westnet, also now owned by iiNet which is owned by TPG. so doesnt matter who you go with, you will soon be calling South Africa for tech support as the call centre is in Cape Town. So much for healthy competition in Australia. As with everything, it is all owned by two major players. :)

Not quite. Westnet / iiNet have call centres in NZ, Perth and Cape Town.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to update - super impressed with Internode - with both their telephonic customer services levels, and their actual connectivity. We went for the Naked ADSL2 package so that we're not tied into a contract. We signed up for the 250G per month package and were upgraded to 1TB per month ( and not as a limited offer - for as long as we remain with them ). In addition, the bandwidth used for Netflix does not count towards our quota ( not that we would come close to the monthly limit anyway - well at least not once hubby has updated his Steam library with new games that he's been waiting for since our arrival in September and DLC for existing games ;) )

Oh, GenDemo has to read this, he'll flip! :D

• 1 month later...

From what EmNew says that NetFlix is 'uncapped'...that is awesome! Coz you are going to chow through data like you cannot believe.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

We are with TPG and had great service for the last 2 years. Now moved to the NBN via TPG and doubled the speed from 5Mb/s to 11Mb/s in the same month by month prepaid unlimited access. Also included 100 minutes of overseas call per month which is very convenient to keep in touch with our mates in South Africa.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2017 at 9:14 PM, TheFigs said:

We are with TPG and had great service for the last 2 years. Now moved to the NBN via TPG and doubled the speed from 5Mb/s to 11Mb/s in the same month by month prepaid unlimited access. Also included 100 minutes of overseas call per month which is very convenient to keep in touch with our mates in South Africa.

Sounds like you moved to the deal we have. I'm not 100% sure what our line is, but we get 11mbps and 100min of call time to RSA. We are also very happy with the service, including the times we needed to call support to fix our line (that's what you get for living in the hills with the possums and the lyrebirds! Lol !) they were very friendly and knowledgeable about their system, and they could see a lot of things that the guys in RSA who man support are clueless about, eg they can see a log that shows the line's performance over time, so they are immediately concerned over real issues. We like them.