Overthinking things

Duke1989

I had similar thoughts and reservations before I moved across. To drop everything and start a new life in a country that I have never been in and don't know anything off except what Google says. I find that south africans are much more driven than aussies usually because in rsa your options are limited. Here in aus people don't stress so much because of the strong social safety nets like HECS debt to fund uni, new start to assist supplement expenses and the low crime rate. I find also a lot of people here change careers later in life as they have more options. If you move to a first world (politically correct: developed nation) for the first time things can get a bit daunting. So stressing about stuff is just a logical rational way for a persons brain to assess situations. The more you know the less you worry. Things will be a bit topsy turby for the first few months. Its fun, exiting, wonderful and scary all at the same time :D

• Like 2

Hang in there.

Thats my thought.

We personally have had a challenging time getting to Aus and being here. But we love it.

And if you dont like where you are, travel a bit and you will find somewhere in Aus that will suit you.

I think the grassroot Australians are such lovely people.

• Like 3

Hi all! Thank you for the help and advice, it makes things so much easier... Having a tough time with my career episodes as the OCD kicks in as soon as I think I am in the clear... Booking the IELTS soon :ilikeit:

• 10 months later...

So this topic died out after a while, life threw a few things my way, but I managed to get back onto the bus eventually! :P

Writing PTE on Tuesday as I desperately need that 20 points, and submitting my skills assessment as soon as the university comes to light... Hope you guys are still smiling and happily working towards the amazing future we deserve :D

Edited by Duke1989
  • Like 1