Encouragement for the Journey

Mara

I have an app on my phone which sends me these little snippets... I was amazed last night when I got the following one. I had to share it with those of you that have embarked on this journey, whether starting, in the process or even arrived, I think there is a message in here for each and every one of us. God Bless you all!

Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
—Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929–1968)

Winners have the ability to step back from the canvas of their lives like an artist gaining perspective. They make their lives a work of art—an individual masterpiece.
—Denis Waitley (b. 1933)

Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.
—David Lloyd George (1863–1945)

The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.
—Mark Caine

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
—Lao Tzu (c. 604–531 BC)

Life is a series of steps. Things are done gradually. Once in a while there is a giant step, but most of the time we are taking small, seemingly insignificant steps on the stairway of life.
—Ralph Ransom (1874–1908)

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal and just keep taking the next step towards completing it.
—John Carmack (b. 1970)

The first step toward getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.
—Author unknown

Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.
—Author unknown

Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.
—Napoleon Hill (1883–1970)

The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs.
—Vance Havner (1901–1986)

Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find the right road.
—Dag Hammarskjold (1905–1961)

May you have enough happiness to keep you sweet,
Trials to keep you strong, sorrow to keep you human,
Hope to keep you happy, failure to keep you humble,
Success to keep you eager, friends to give you comfort,
Wealth to meet your needs, enthusiasm to look forward,
Faith to banish depression,
And determination enough to make each day better than yesterday.
—Author unknown

Psalm 37:23 (NIV)
The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;

James 1:12 (NIV) Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Romans 5:3-5 (NIV) Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

• Like 11

Thank you Mars just what l needed. God bless

Edited by Chips
  • Like 1

Thanks Mara, very powerful, just what my wife and I need at the start of this journey.

• Like 1

I love what they send me and sometimes I will say a prayer before opening the one for that day... I often find that it is on the subject that I needed guidance for that day!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mara, very encouraging. I have lent on Rom 5 3-5 and many other verses throughout the various stages of our journey. God bless you. :)

• Like 1

Thank you Chantalgr, I would not get through my days if it wasn't for the heavenly Father that cares for me, every step of the way! May you also be blessed on your daily journey!

As a young girl at school, our teacher taught us the following poem, it is mega years ago, but it is still with me, to this day:

Said the Sparrow to the Lark "I wonder why these human beings rush about and worry so?"

Said the Lark to the Sparrow "I think it is because they have no Heavenly Father, such as cares for you and me!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You are most welcome!

• 1 year later...

@Chezzy you are most welcome!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks Mara for this words of encouragement.  Firstly, sorry for this really long story I'm about to tell!  We have just started this journey and the emotions to bear are overwhelming to say the least.  The thought of immigrating to Oz first started in 2008 when I was in a really bad space.  My husband was not 100% on board and then life happened and things got a bit better for the both of us.  I even took on a new teaching job that paid half BUT I was so happy.  A new spirit was rekindled that made me love what I do and it humbled me too.  The thought of immigration had totally disappeared or so I thought! So what happened....well just a few months ago, my husband came home and that night, out of the blue, he mentioned the idea of immigrating...I was shocked to say the least as this was my idea at first but he was not into it.  It's almost 9 years later, our sons are now almost adults (21 and 17)and such a decision is no child's play.  I didn't even think twice and I said "Let's do it".  Of course the next morning, reality bit and I questioned God so much.  Why now?  Why are You doing this? We are not in a financial position (as we were better off back then) to just splash on agents fees, skills assessments, Visa costs and ALL the rest.  To make matters worse, we lost on points as I am now 44 and he is 46.  Our oldest son (21) at first was not so sure that this was what he wanted to do and this meant us trying to persuade him as to the million good reasons why this must be seen as a great opportunity for their future and their families'.  He's on board now but I can see that he is probably going through so many emotions at the same time too. So many thoughts and so many decisions.  But I believe that if this was not God's plan, it would never have started the fire in my husband (the one who refused initially) to pursue this.  So we prayed about it and put our trust in Him and started the process.

I got an agent to do a prelim assessment and although my job is not so straight forward in terms of going for a 189 visa, they were confident that with enough documents and paperwork, we could do this and that I qualify with 65 points.  I wrote the IELTS test and got my scores that I needed for 20 points, first time.  I was so ecstatic and jumped around screaming my gratitude to God the day I saw my results online.  He has been so good to us and as much as the road ahead is becoming stressful, I was coping a lot better than I thought I would.  My hurdle now is to get that positive skills assessment and work experience and I need every bit of prayer and blessings coming my way and I mean every bit (sorry for being a bit selfish!)  With the recent changes in Immi Law, I do not have the luxury of time to redo anything... I need things sorted first time and quickly, not because I am "impatient" but because of the situation I now find myself in since the new changes that have been affected in July.  I turn 45 in March and this must happen before that!  I have faith that He will make this journey possible as it was HIM that showed us this path amongst the other trails we could have walked on.  My skills assessment has been sent off yesterday and now the stress is beginning to creep in.  I question myself and wonder in my quiet moments to the point where I am "short changing" myself. Lots of what-ifs and why-me's are creeping in and I am trying really hard to fight negativity as I don't want the Universe getting all confused as to what I really want here!  Fingers and toes are crossed!!

• Like 2

I pray it all goes to plan @March2, Gods timing is perfect ;) 

Edited by BlueBaboon

• 1 year later...

God is faithful. @March2 just read in another thread that you got your grant. May He continue to guide your steps.

• Like 1

Thanks @KayB we made it!  God has blessed us so much and I cannot express the gratitude and appreciation I feel for all His blessings.  We are just 3 weeks away from our move and really looking forward to our journey