Qantas Sale JHB - Perth R6840 or to Sydney R7850 Return

Jordy

Wow...

Concerning the 'Return' part, is it possible to delay those return flights for say a year or two? (We'll ask them anyway)

Thanks for the post!

Concerning the 'Return' part, is it possible to delay those return flights for say a year or two? !

Doubt it very much. The eligible flights will be in certain date ranges - out of season, etc, and there will be a window for your return leg - couple of months at most at a guess.

Great prices though!!

What dates did you book? Where they within the specified dates offered? Did you book two tickets on the same flight? I cant see it coming out as a different price if you followed the conditions of the price offer.

§ Economy Companion Sale is only valid when 2 or more people travel together in the same booking in the same cabin. Valid for selected departure dates from 7 September - 30 November 2015 and 1 February - 15 August 2016. Sale ends Sunday 13 September 2015, unless sold out prior.

The advertised price does not always include taxes. A ticket is usually valid for a year but for a special, it could be return within a few months.

Just had a quick look at their website .... R 9300 valid for 12 months is not a bad price

Edited by Magenta

According to their T&Cs, the prices fluctuate according to exchange rate, fuel costs etc. Taxes are included. But there's still nothing close to R7850 per person all in.

According to their T&Cs, the prices fluctuate according to exchange rate, fuel costs etc. Taxes are included. But there's still nothing close to R7850 per person all in.

There has to be. You just haven't found the right date combination. Or the cheaper ones are sold out.

Just tried again now, and nothing in sight for that price.

Even though the landing page says R7850 from Jhb to Sydney return, the actual search reveals lowest sale prices as R5501+R5131=R10632 per person.

Give it a whirl yourself.

But are you changing date combinations to get different results?

I know they are sometimes a bit cheeky when it comes to drawing you in, but I find that if they advertise a price it's usually not too hard to find if you're flexible with dates.

Yeah, I've gone forward and backwards - prices this year are even more (even though they're in the special dates). I haven't gone week by week throughout the entire sale period, perhaps there's one date hidden somewhere that comes out at R7850?

Yeah, I'm not sure how long the sale has been on now, that could also be a factor...

@Mistermoose, I booked two days ago and have just checked again, there are still specials on the flight details I used: Jhb-Sydney; depart Jhb 13 Feb 2016 @ ZAR 3951 and return on 10 March @ ZAR 3891, total per flight is ZAR 7842 per person. Good luck, I think the sale ends today.

• Like 1

You cracked the code! Looks like that particular Saturday is super low, and mid-week two weeks after that is just as low. Thanks for the heads up :)

• Like 1

That sounds strange. I know we had the option every time we flew to the East coast via Sydney to also do it JHB-PERTH-SYD, so they do have a flight that goes directly to Perth. Perhaps it's not part of the special?

Redpanda, Qantas used to codeshare with SAA so all direct flights from Jhb to Perth booked through Qantas, was on a SAA airplane. But as from 2013 (I think), they do not codeshare anymore. Now all Qantas flights go directly to Sydney on a Qantas airplane.

Oh. :blink:
I've never understood why airlines can book such strange routes and they come out cheaper for the consumer. Then I had the brainwave that probably they are just using flights that are there already and linking them up for you. So basically, they are just filling their planes and avoiding making new flights.

Still results in the wierdest routes sometimes.