10 jaar in Adelaide

Karl Wrogemann

Baie geluk aan almal wat die groot stap aandurf of oorweeg. Ek het gese ek sou nooit immigreer nie, maar toe daar werk was het ek my kanse gegryp en kyk nie terug nie. Ek en Vanessa het 2 kinders 14 en 10 en almal is baie gelukkig. Ek stem saam dat hoe jonger die kinders is hoe maklikker is die groot skuif.

Vrae vir raad, dit kos niks nie en ja almal het foute gemaak en as ek iemand kan help om een fout minder te maak as ek sal ek lekker slaap in die aand. Sterkte en onthou dit is 'n gesins besluit en as jou vrou nie die besluit ondersteun nie wag tot sy saam stem.

Groete en laat weet as ek kan help met raad uit Adelaide

Groete en sterkte

Karl

Baie dankie Karl :D

Ek weet ek kan defnitief doen met al die raad wat ek kan kry.

Baie groete

Michelle

Hello Karl

Kan jy meer vertel van Adelaide. My man gaan dalk miskien 'n pos geoffer word daar ons is oorspronklik van Durban af maar bly in NSW?

Groete

KZNAussie

Baie geluk aan almal wat die groot stap aandurf of oorweeg. Ek het gese ek sou nooit immigreer nie, maar toe daar werk was het ek my kanse gegryp en kyk nie terug nie. Ek en Vanessa het 2 kinders 14 en 10 en almal is baie gelukkig. Ek stem saam dat hoe jonger die kinders is hoe maklikker is die groot skuif.

Vrae vir raad, dit kos niks nie en ja almal het foute gemaak en as ek iemand kan help om een fout minder te maak as ek sal ek lekker slaap in die aand. Sterkte en onthou dit is 'n gesins besluit en as jou vrou nie die besluit ondersteun nie wag tot sy saam stem.

Groete en sterkte

Karl

Hello Karl

Kan jy meer vertel van Adelaide. My man gaan dalk miskien 'n pos geoffer word daar ons is oorspronklik van Durban af maar bly in NSW?

Groete

KZNAussie

Hi guys

We have lived in Adelaide for about five years and love it. Mediteranean climate (like cape Town - rains in winter). CBD surrounded by parklands. Beaches approx 15 minutes from the CBD. Nice place to bring up a family.Some good private schools(single sex and co-ed).

Like every where else important that you select the "right" suburb to live in. Nice houses in most suburbs but eastern suburbs generally considered a "better" location. The Adelaide Hills are also popular with ex south Africans as is the coastal town of Hallett Cove(approx 25 KM from CBD).

Having made the big move the decision to move to Adelaide I would imagine will be much easier. A look and see visit may be a good idea.

Hi Karl,

My naam is Karl en ek en my vrou en twee kinders Nikolas 4 en Nina 2 is oppad na Adelaide. Ons is in op my vrou se naam en is verplig om 2 jaar in Adelaide te werk en bly. Ons wag net vir ons visas dan is ons oppad. Nog baie onseker maar ons gaan dit n goeie kans gee. Ek kyk maar na besigheids geleenthede sienende dat ek nog altyd vir my self werk, hoop dit werk uit vir ons.

Dink jy die kinders gaan ok wees?

Groete,

Karl Germishuysen

Groete en sterkte

Karl

Ek sien julle het in Desember '96 geland.

Ons het in November '96 geland.

Bly om te sien ons het "tydgenote"!

Groete,

Dax

Nog baie onseker maar ons gaan dit n goeie kans gee. Ek kyk maar na besigheids geleenthede sienende dat ek nog altyd vir my self werk, hoop dit werk uit vir ons.

Dink jy die kinders gaan ok wees?

Groete,

Karl Germishuysen

Kinders is aanpasbaar, baie beter as ons grootmense.

Miskien kan jy dink aan 'n franchise soos Jim's Mowers of Jim's pavers - baie ouens wat handig is met tegniese, "hands-on" soort werk doen goed met sulke francises.

Ek weet nie of dit in jou kraal pas nie - is net 'n gedagte.

Groete.

Dax

I got a PM, a couple of weeks ago, from a South African couple that are interested in migrating to Adelaide.

They are member of this website.

I've been sending a number of photos of lifestyle, housing, etc. to their email address in South Africa, so they are able to gauge an idea of how Adelaide people live, the housing they have, the beaches here and the lifestyle enjoyed in Adelaide.

If there are any other members of this website that are contemplating shifting to Adelaide, you may just like to drop me a PM, leaving an email address.

That way I can post off the same photos to multiple email addresses in South Africa.

Guest Bronwyn

Bob, if you have the time, why don't you paste your work into the Adelaide section of the forum? Should be an interesting read for most of us... :ilikeit:

Regards, Bronwyn

• 1 month later...

HI Bob,

I'm sure my wife got hold of you by now. We are on our way and would really appreciate info regarding Adelaide. I've been looking at Aldgate, for settling down. Please send me a mail with info.

Thanks so much for your offer.

Regards,

Karl

PS: My wifes name is Nanette.

Hi Bob

We are also headed for Adelaide. I was wondering whether you could perhaps explain to me what the SIR 495 visa entails - with state sponsorship from SA. Our agent said it was the only way to get in? What other visa options are available. A bit confused about the points system.

Hoping you could clarify (although you are not an agent!)

Thanks a stax

Nanette Germishuysen (Karl's wife)

Hi Bronwyn.

My name is Nanette (Karl's wife). Just wanted to introduce myself. We are waiting for our visas to arrive and then we are off. We will be coming on a SIR 495 (state sponsored visa), which means I will have to be the working parent and Karl will be playing Mr Mom for a while.

I'm a bit concerned about my kids (3 and 5). The 5 year old will probably be in grade one by the time we arrive and his English is a bit "skeef en krom" (although we practise every day). Think he'll be OK?

Guest Bronwyn

Sorry if we are going a bit off topic, but Hi Nanette.

I know it is very scary moving over. I am also working while DH plays Mr Mom at the moment. He is loving the opportunity.

Yes I KNOW your kids will be OK. I can appreciate they speak a different language so you have got a bit of extra stress, but I am convinced they will be fine. The teachers here are extremely dedicated and professional, they take their responsibility so seriously.

Remember 5 and 3 are still very little. They are actually still babies in the scheme of things, and with your love and guidance they will be ok.

There is another lady (Elezea) on the forum who has a 4 year old. You could chat to her too. They moved to ADL about 5 weeks ago now, I think. She will have some first hand info as her kids are also Afrikaans I think.

The best advice I can give you is to relax. Don't take it all too seriously. If you are calm your family will settle down very quickly.

Talk soon, Bronwyn

Edited by Bronwyn

Thanks Bronwyn. I feel better already. We have to focus on the fact that this move is purely for the kids' sake anyway, so wer'e actually doing them a huge favour and not an injustice!

Will chat to Elezea too.

Will talk soon!

Nanette

I got a PM, a couple of weeks ago, from a South African couple that are interested in migrating to Adelaide.

They are member of this website.

I've been sending a number of photos of lifestyle, housing, etc. to their email address in South Africa, so they are able to gauge an idea of how Adelaide people live, the housing they have, the beaches here and the lifestyle enjoyed in Adelaide.

If there are any other members of this website that are contemplating shifting to Adelaide, you may just like to drop me a PM, leaving an email address.

That way I can post off the same photos to multiple email addresses in South Africa.

Hi Bob

Count me in - I'll PM you my email address.

Many thanks,

Scott

Hi Bob

I PM'ed you on July 4th with my email address. I just this morning noticed that your invitation post was actually May 19th, so I hope you still have all the information and photos about Adelaide, because I haven't heard from you yet. Or maybe you are flooded with email addresses and I'm too eager and have to wait my turn :)

Enjoy your weekend.

Regards,

Retha