Greetings fellow travelers

GenDemo

Good day everyone,

Greetings to all.

My name is Andries, 28 years old and I am a statistical analyst in the banking industry.

My wife and I already have a 189 visa and activated it in June 2015. We plan to emigrate permanently in May 2016. So there is nothing left to do regarding the visa...just busy organising the move.

GD

• Like 1

And I'm the wife. ;)

• Like 5

Hi GenDemo, RedPanda

You have pretty have to make the move. That's about it as far as the visa is concerned.

Once you get here there is usual processes, medicare, driver's licences, etc. You will have these done with half a day.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the move.

Thanks zamunda ;)

We did our drivers licenses, bank accounts, TFN and a medicare enquiry on our activation trip in June. (We will still need to go back to medicare once we're there for good, but we know where to go, and approximately how it works now) And thanks to Airbnb we have accommodation for the first 3 months while we look for a place to rent until we can build a house (however long that will take us).

We're getting quotes from Bayleys World Wide and Biddulphs, perhaps one or two other companies. But we have good experiences with Bayleys local branch Eddies, so we probably will use them.

Fortunately we don't have a house to sell on this side (renting from family, whom we'll sorely miss).

So now it's just the wait...and the last logistics of moving everything that we decide to keep. (and of course deciding what to keep) But I think we'll manage. At least there are lots of people whose experience we can lean on.

• Like 1

Welcome.. bit late for the introductions, I say, hehe!

Glad to hear you are all well, look forward to seeing you both next year...

Tell him, Mara! ;)

I introduced myself way back at the start of the year when I started posting. But Mr Demo has been very quiet, so that's why his introduction goes with his first posts. And I added my chirp, because we don't have the same surname, so nobody would just pick up on it if I didn't say something.

Too true, but if you had stayed incognito then you could have picked on him :whome: :whome: :whome: and nobody would have been the wiser :ilikeit::jester:

Too true, but if you had stayed incognito then you could have picked on him :whome: :whome: :whome: and nobody would have been the wiser :ilikeit::jester:

Ahw...that's terrible! He's shy enough as it is. Hmm...but I could have liked everything that he posted, and nobody would have suspected... :ph34r:

Hehe, that is true too!