Biltong & Boerewors - New Shop in Rouse Hill, Sydney

Riekie

A new South African Shop opened it's doors in Rouse Hill at Shop 5, The Terrace, 40 Panmure Street. If you travel North along Old Windsor Rd, you turn right at the 1st traffic light after you've passed the Mean Fiddler, then left at the roundabout and again 1st left. They're a bit hard to see as their shop is behind a glass box in the middle of the centre - look up at the top of the wall and you'll see the sign. (Took me a few times going around in circles before I saw it).

They've only opened their doors a week ago but they're well stocked with heaps of South African goodies - even stuff I haven't been able to find at other stores. Prices are reasonable in comparison with other South African shops. Not a fan of their droëwors (a bit thick and very wet) but their chilli biltong is really yum! Expiry dates are all some time off, unlike some of the other shops I've visited where you always have to check the expiry dates and often find stuff to have already expired or about to expire. A big thumbs up is that they're open on Sundays!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Great shop, reasonable prices and a great selection! Biltong and Dry wors were the way we like it!

http://www.africanvibe.com.au

A great little RSA shop opened on the Northern Beaches in Sydney, mid last year. It quickly built up a cult following for its fabulous Sosatie Wors. The Saffas in the Hills have been known to phone in huge combined orders (30+ people x 4kg each) and one of them drive out to come collect the order. Its pretty special.