The Dark Side of the Moon

Toitjie

How are you holding up? Thinking about your journey and struggles.
This loss takes a long time to accept and work through the emotions. :(

So sorry... wish I could be helpful. When it comes to death there is not much to say expect how we truly and deeply feel for you.

May God give you the strength you need moving forward. *virtual hugs*

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mel...Im doing ok...as well as can be. Some days really are so much harder than other days.

I have met with the doctors and got some answers. Unfortunately they have all but admitted that things went badly wrong and in my humble opinion, they could have prevented his death had they done things differently. That leaves me at a very difficult cross-road..do I pursue this further or not? So many mistakes were made that all led to an irreversible conclusion. It makes grieving so much harder because you know it could have been different if...

but focusing on this also gives me something to do and something to focus my energy on.

thank you for your kind words...so many people from this forum have been so supportive, it truly has helped a lot

xx

Toitjie, as always, you dont have to take my advice, but here it is anyway......

If it was me, I would take it further.  I believe it will give you some sort of closure, to know you have done all you could.  To make sure that systems are put in place, so that these "mistakes" are not repeated on anyone else again.  So that his death would not be in vain. 

I know a lady here in Sydney who's baby died as a result of a string of minor errors during birth.  She decided to take it further and all though nothing could bring her baby  back, she knows that no other family will have to go through the same thing as they did.  

Sterkte. 

Toitjie, it is a hard question. How much can you handle? What will give you peace? If I knew that "they" did that I probably would take it further - but I know the type of emotional toll that fight would take. Whatever you decide, may that decision be best for you and the kids. Keep us updated, you are not alone.

• Like 1

Nothing can bring him back but I have this very strong urge to do something. I need justice for the injustice that he suffered. I met with the doctors and after that the lawyer I spoke to initially said, right now you have a case. I am meeting with him in 2 weeks, but will still meet with other lawyers as well. they come with some pretty wild strings attached.

But we will see...I want someone to be sacked. at least. hopefully sent to jail but that's probably too much to ask for.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you and the kids are keeping well through this difficult time and you are finding some peace and resolve.  Sending you lots of love ° ❣ . ❥ ♡♡♡

Just wanted to know that I think of you each and every time I come to the forum. I am so sad for you and your little family and hope that each day there is a ray of sunshine to light your way forward. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Toitjie, how are you doing, wanted to "pop in" and hear how you and the kids are doing?

• Like 1