The Dark Side of the Moon

Toitjie

Oohhh no am so sorry Yolandi don't know what to say, stay strong.

My deepest condolences to you and your family, Yolandi. Sending hugs from across the ocean,

Nicole xx

Yolandi, 

I have only read your post from the beginning today, and I think I cried from the moment you the C word. It was like reading my family story. I lost my children's dad to lymphoma 8 months ago, and the anger and frustrations you are feeling towards the doctors and medical industry is a mirror to what we feel. I truly believe that if he hadn't walked the chemo route that he would be here today. He tried the cannabis oil, essential oils, alkaline diet and it would help until that next chemo session, when he would just plummet again. I have felt such guilt that we should have tried harder, instead of allowing ourselves to be bullied into treatment we didn't want. I am not slating all doctors and nurses, there are some incredible ones out there, however I truly believe it's more about profits than patients. Even when we told the doctors no more, they would administer the chemo when he was unconscious. :( It has taken me many months now to stop beating myself up. I had to realise that God is Sovereign - He decides who He takes home. Nothing I could have done would have changed the outcome, God chose him, and how blessed he was to go home to be free from suffering. 

Please let me know if you need someone to talk to - from someone who is a few months down the line, maybe I can offer you some comfort. 

You and your children will be in our prayers. 

Ros  

I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. 

So sorry to hear this news, Toitjie. He will always be with you - in memory, in spirit and everything you see and do every day. Hugs and happiness to you for the journey ahead.

My condolences, Toitjie.

So sorry to hear about your hubby.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family.

May his memory live forever!!

@Toitjie our condolences and hearts go out to you. If you need any arrangements to be made in SA for some reason, please don’t hesitate to ask for support.

Our deepest condolences for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

@Toitjie It is hard to type, when the tears are streaming down your face, I now know why you have been at the forefront of my mind the past week... there are no words that will bring relief at this time, all I can say is, that we have a heavenly Father that is watching over you and sitting by His side is Reynier, telling the Lord what a wonderful wife you were and how much he loved you!

I would like to share the following poem with you and sincerely hope that it will touch your heart!

When I Must Leave You  by Helen Steiner Rice
When I must leave you for a little while, please do not grieve and shed wild tears,
And hug your sorrow to you through the years. But start out bravely with a smile.
And for my sake and in my name, live on and do all the things the same.
Feed not your loneliness on empty days, but fill each waking hour in useful ways.
Reach out your hand in comfort and in cheer, and I, in turn, will comfort you and hold you near.
And never, never be afraid to die, for I am waiting for you in the sky.

I am so sorry for your loss.  I too have had to sit by and watch a beloved person pass away.  I am sure that your presence was greatly appreciated.  Thinking of you and your family xxx

I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers go to you and your family!

Toitjie, that is not the happily ever after that I was hoping you would have.  That is just so devastating - hugs, hugs, hugs (repeat).

There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go. ~Author Unknown

Baie sterkte vir hierdie moeilike tyd waardeur julle nou moet gaan.  Ons gebede is met jou en jou kinders. Ons verstaan nie altyd hoekom ons so beproef word nie, maar ons sal volhard in gebed. 

So very sorry for your loss @Toitjie.  You and the kids are in my thoughts and prayers x

Toitjie, so sorry about what you've been through and probably still going through while coming to terms with your loss!  I'm not that active on the forum (apart from doing the admin bits) and I've totally missed your very heartfelt journey!  You're an integral part of our forum family and you've meant so much to so many people through all your contributions over the last 8 years. No words will lift your pain, but please know that I'm thinking of you and that my heart goes out to you and the kids!  A very sad time for all of us indeed! 

So sorry to hear your devastating news, Yolandi.

You and your family are in my thoughts  xx

There are no words that can make this pain go away. I only pray that God can give you comfort and strength during this very traumatic time. My deepest condolences to you and your family. X

Toitjie, I'm very sad to hear your terrible news. Thinking of you.

Hi Toitjie

So sorry about your loss.  Thinking of you

Lisa

My deepest condolences to you and your family.  Will keep you in my prayers. 

Edited by Clover
error

Dear Toitjie,

Praying for you and your family for strength in this devastating time.