14 Best Road Trips in Australia

Riekie

I came across this Australia travel blog and it must be one of my favourites! Amazing photos, easy to follow and heaps of resources! We've done quite a few of those road trips already but still so much to see!

http://www.ytravelblog.com/best-road-trips-in-australia/

If this does not get you road-tripping, nothing will!

• Like 2

Great link! Thank you so much!!! Can't wait to do the Great Ocean drive. Caravan parks along the way looks great!

Free time and speed limits! :) We want to do a road trip of Tasmania over the December holidays.

They all look awesome.

Edited by Tiermelk

Awesome link thanks, we hitting the road in under 3 months, this will give us a few more destinations

Very nice link. We have done 3 of these by RV during our visits (all East Coast side) and must say we really enjoyed it. Looking forward to move to Perth Dec 2015 and once settled explore WA.

What a great trip they've done. I've only done two of these. Didn't think much of Sydney to Brisbane though, it was a terrible road with potholes, single lanes and lots of delays... They were working on it though so have to assume it's better now.

I noticed in their photos that their vehicle of choice was a Ford Territory. Interesting choice

- no doubt comfortable, but a little lacking in the 4x4 department compared to most vehicles that would do these trips?

That said, before I met her, my wife did a lap of Australia alone in a Hatch back :0

We're aiming to do 3-4 months around Aus in a few years...

Thanks for the link.

We had my wifes old boss tell her that they did a long road trip through the Kimberlies and the road is full of families taking a sabbatical, I think it must make for a fantastic family trip, and wont cost the earth

Great link ... thanks! You have got me all excited!

Awesome link, thanks Riekie!

I was fortunate to do a part of the Great Ocean Road during December when I was over there. Took in some surf on Bells Beach and had a super stay over in Lorne. I can't wait to share it with my wife and kids. Only a week to go, then our adventure starts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I do a fair bit of camping in CQ and use this very useful app. It's called wikicamps Australia. Comes in Win8, Android or Apple. Loads of info for most trips you want to do around Oz and you can add more info if you like. Also cheap Here is the link to their website.

http://www.wikicamps.com.au/

• Like 1