Here's to new beginnings

Angel

HI There everyone.... :D:D

We are finally in Australia and I am so glad to be here...hell, it took alot of time and money to get us here and I am glad it's all over and done with!! :)

My family and I are still trying to settle here in Brisbane, QLD and all is going well. I have just found this wonderful website and I hope that we will have alot of chatting in the future. I am still very new in Australia and I really miss my family back home. I know that everyone on this site is going through the same thing so, If there is anyone out there that can give me a bit of advice...I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and let everyone know who Angel is...

Baai for now.

AngelXXX

Welcome to the forum :)

I hope you find the support you are looking for here.

We have also recently arrived in Australia (Perth) and we are loving it.

Good luck

Gaille

You'll miss your mates and family from back home, but if you get in touch with a couple of other South Africans and share the good times and lousy times with them, at least you won't feel you're the only character on the planet with your particular problems in life.

You'll feel more like a regular individual when times are getting rough and that will help self-esteem no end!

Check out the folks on this website who come from south east Queensland, and Brisbane more particularly.

All that's left to say is . . . . welcome to this BIG country of Australia, matey.

"I have just found this wonderful website and I hope that we will have alot of chatting in the future. "

WOW! ANGEL!!! :D

Cant believe you made it there without this website, has been so informative, don't know what we would have done without it!! You have come to the right place for support and friendship. Keep on chatting!!!!

:)

Enjoy the new experiences, all the best for this new challenge. :D

Karen

Angel,

Welcome to this site. You will sommer make LOTS & LOTS of friends. I must admit my surprise as well... How did you guys do it all on your own? You must be very strong individuals, and I admire you for that.

Settling in can vary between very easy to extremely tough. It all depends on what you want, expected, left behind, gained and how long it all takes... (excluding feelings and other factors). The fact is, you will and should miss your family. Surely they will miss you too. The best is to go as Bob said, and make new SAcan friends and meet other people in a church or running club or so... The only way to forget about the "sad" is to constantly replace it with "happy" new responsibilities. Something that you can be exited about! Something that will give you a sense of belonging in your new world.

It sucks to be alone and the only friends that you have are the ones on this forum. But there are so many SAcans in Aus, you will start meeting them soon. I hope you meet them sooner, and I hope you find a world on this forum where you may make lots of friends and give lots of support to others. Good luck to you, hope you find a best friend in your neighbourhood. Hope to see lots of you on this forum.

A day or two ago, I read on this website about somebody asking if anyone was interested in a coffee club for the Brisbane area?

Hi Angel, welcome to OZ and this website. Pass it on to your mom. Give my boys a big hug. See I told you there are all nice people on the site Love ya and see ya soon. :D