Networking in Brsbane - Accounting/Financial Planning

GarethDavies

Hi All,

I have been living in Brisbane for 2 years. I am looking to find other South Africans in the accounting and Financial Services space to network with, grab a coffee and expand my professional and social circles. I am also keen to look at new opportunities with the right group of people. If anyone is keen to get to get together and have a chat, let me know!

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd shed some light on how I arrived in Australia. - Things that can help tremendously! One Aspect that i would highly suggest is studies. If there is a way to obtain Australian qualifications or diplomas and/or courses online via correspondence then it could be done in South Africa while the VISA process is underway. I did my RG146 full diploma in Financial Planning as I knew that this was a prerequisite to enter the finance market. As I was also busy with CFA level 2, I obtained employment while still in Cape Town. Due to the changing visa requirements, the process took me a total of 4 years to acquire PR with employment all over the Phone! It is more cost effective to live in South Africa and study Australian Qualifications online. Some industries may not offer anything. I am merely suggesting that this option should be looked at. Google potential jobs in Australia and see what minimum qualifications are required and what skills or courses you could obtain in SA so that your CV is more compatible with what Australian employers are looking for! Good luck to all in your decisions and hope your journey is a successful one.

• 1 year later...

Hi @GarethDavies

I was happy to come across your post :)

My wife and i are still busy with our PR application and are awaiting a State Sponsorship but i am a Financial Adviser and would be happy to stay in contact with you and possibly meet once we have finally arrived in Australia. We are however looking at Sydney but at this stage we don't know where we will eventually land.

I was hoping you could give me some insights into the RG 146 Diploma in Financial Planning and how difficult this is in comparison to and NQF 5 (120 Credits) Wealth Management Diploma in South Africa?

Thank you kindly and i look forward to hearing back from you.