Holiday Accommodation - June / July 2015

Minks

We have taken the next big leap... our tickets are booked for our first entry into Australia and we land in Adelaide on 26th June 2015.

We have our 190ss visa - so this holiday will be our "Look & See" as we need to do some physical research of suburbs, schools, work opportunities etc.

What I am looking for at the moment is furnished holiday accommodation which doesn't break the bank but is comfortable. We are a family of 4 with 2 children aged 5 & 7yrs - and as much as this is a "working holiday", it is also about them having fun and enjoying what Australia has to offer.

I would like it to be a holiday which makes them excited about going back and hopefully ease the transition when we make the final step at the end of the year.

I have made a couple of inquiries on airbnb and Stayz.com.au - but if anyone has had a really nice experience with accommodation / has details for the owners directly / knows anyone who is looking to rent out a property for a week or 2 the info would be greatly appreciated. :)

• Like 1

Hi Minks, we will be there the same time as you and it looks like our children are about the same age (mine have just turned 8 and 6). Would be great to compare experiences. Have you decided if you will definitely be staying in Adelaide when you make the final move? We managed to book a place through airbnb.

• Like 1

Firstly congrats and good luck! It's such a whirlwind ride but SO worth it!!

If you want a holiday experience I would look at the various holiday/caravan parks around Adelaide. They have furnished units which are usually really nice and the holiday park will have lots for the kids to do.

We've only stayed at Port Elliot Holiday Park (close to Victor Harbor), but it's at least 45mins from Adelaide. So if you want something more central you should look at the parks closer to the city (think Westlakes Shores are one of them).

Then renting a furnished place/house in the beach suburbs would be good too - Glenelg is nice, Hallett Cove and surrounds (although further from the city but have a train going into the city), West Lakes etc .

Good luck and hope you love Adelaide as much as we do!

• Like 1

Congratulations!

You should have a large choice of holiday / migrant accomodation in June. It's only really the peak summer months that everything is booked solid.

I would recommend a furnished house as you will get a complete home, with internet access and all mod cons.

As it's winter, a lot of the drawcard activities will be out of action (beaches, canoeing, etc) so best to think of an itinery to keep the little ones active.

Rember to negotiate for your accomodation...don't pay the full advertised price as that's likely a peak rate price.

All the best.

Tamara

• Like 1

yep, brace yourself, you will be arriving right in the middle of the rubbish weather season, with that said, there should still be a ton to do, if you decide to make a turn in Melbourne on your visit give us a shout

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the help. I have managed to get a booking through airbnb and will be staying in a furnished house in Black Forest (here's hoping it's decent!!) Any views / opinions on this suburb / area are appreciated.

Thanks Nev, this time we are just concentrating on Adelaide as this is where we will settle. Need to try and get a feel for it and also hopefully look at schools etc. we are probably going to make the last giant leap in December so if we can get most of the "decision making" done during this trip that would be a huge help.

Will definitely be visiting Melbourne when we settle though and will give you a shout!!

Sounds Good :D