It starts!

mistermoose

I can only imagine what your frustration and stress levels are at this stage :(

I will pray that there will be a post on the January 189 submissions thread and your journal thread soon that you have got it!

You said it, Em! Given up expecting it to be on any day soon, but that doesn't stop me from checking my email as soon as I wake up. Thanks so much for the positive vibes - I can feel them from here :D

MisterMoose

Just hang in there :whome: .

On the positives, you have a CO, who ha requested those docs. As soon as your file comes up again, they will approve. I think you have been through the worst :blush-anim-cl: .

From your mouth, neburr :) My CO's name is Sally, so I picture her sitting at her desk, browsing through my docs and finishing a cup of coffee as she clicks the big green GRANT button :)

Whats a form 47 For?

It's a form that lists the entire personal history of a 'child or other dependant family member aged 18 years or over'. Pretty straightforward, and we submitted it the same day. On we go!

As per @TeeTMI's update the other day, my IMMI application status is now "Assessment in Progress", which doesn't help much because I already knew that :)

189 visas from mid-Feb are already receiving direct grants, but I know of another 190 applicant who submitted in the first week of Jan and has still not even been allocated a CO.

Let's see what next week brings.

I mailed my CO/VPO team last Monday and got this response early this morning.

TL;DR: It's going to take an unknown amount of time longer.

Thank you for your email.

I acknowledge receipt of your email. I understand that the time taken to process your application may be causing concern to you and your family.

The visa for which you have applied is part of the Skilled Nominated category. The Migration Programme determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category. Applications for this visa are processed in line with Migration Programme planning levels. These planning levels have precedence over indicative client service standard timeframes.

The Migration Programme planning level for the Skilled Nominated category now has limited number of places left for the 2014-15 program year. This means processing times will be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.

As planning levels affect all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.

In the meantime, I encourage you to continue checking the department’s website (www.immi.gov.au) for any updates regarding application processing or changes to the Skilled Migration Programme which may affect you.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
Edited by mistermoose

Praying that as you applied in January, and have a VPO, that your grant will still fall in the 2014-2015 cycle.

Going to be positive on your behalf :D:D:D:D

• Like 1

You said it, Em!

The one positive, at least, is that I won't be affected by any price increases in July :jester:

• 2 months later...

I still can't really believe it.

After sending my poor CO 5 emails in the last two days to check in on my visa app, I received our visa grant letters this morning!!! :)))))))))))))))))))))

This includes my mom, who is a dependent and who lives with me, who now shares PR status in one of the world's strongest economies. Now to start looking at jobs and planning the road ahead. EXCITING times :D

We did it, we did it, we did it! Now just to carry on doing the rest :)

• Like 11

Thanks so much Peanuts! Been a long time coming, but it's still such a wonderful surprise and a ticket to planning a whole new future :)

Edited by mistermoose

Glad you stopped listening to the voices and took that leap of faith. You and your mum will be great support to one another in those tough first weeks. Shout this way if you move to Sydney, as there are a few womens social groups I can hook her up with.

• Like 2

MisterMoose... from me to you, this is a standing ovation, you have achieved the ultimate goal! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Awesome news!!!! Huge congratulations!

• Like 1

Glad you stopped listening to the voices and took that leap of faith. You and your mum will be great support to one another in those tough first weeks. Shout this way if you move to Sydney, as there are a few womens social groups I can hook her up with.

And were those voices ever loud! And nagging! And debilitating, at times. Eventually you just have to trust yourself, your crazy streak, and the universe. Thankfully I did. And thanks so much for the offer - might take you up on it when we get there ;)

MisterMoose... from me to you, this is a standing ovation, you have achieved the ultimate goal! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

There's no better feeling than having the world at your feet, is there? Thanks for ALL the support throughout, Mara. You're a star-a :D

Well done Mistermoose, lovely to hear it's come through!!!

Awesome news!!!! Huge congratulations!

Congrats mistermoose!

High 10 to all of you! Thanks for the awesome welcome :)

Congratulations mistermoose

• Like 1

MrMoose, if you make it to Melbourne, I need to meet your Mum! Who knows, we could be great minds thinking alike!

• Like 1

MrMoose, if you make it to Melbourne, I need to meet your Mum! Who knows, we could be great minds thinking alike!

Two of my favourite ladies coming together would be like stars aligning in some spectacular act of sorcery ... the earth may tilt on its axis! ;)

• Like 1

Hehe, MisterMoose, you could be in big trouble :whome: :whome: :whome:

I know you have state nomination, but for which state, please refresh my memory! (old age and all that, you know)

• Like 1

Congrats Mistermoose! I know (and could relate to) the mental toil that you experienced in progressing with your application, so the fact that your visa is now granted makes the prize even more sweet! All the best with the next phase!

• Like 1

Hehe, MisterMoose, you could be in big trouble :whome: :whome: :whome:

I know you have state nomination, but for which state, please refresh my memory! (old age and all that, you know)

Hahaha! SA came to the party. Job apps have started in earnest, but may end up visiting before moving and will be going to Mel and Syd most definitely.

Congrats Mistermoose! I know (and could relate to) the mental toil that you experienced in progressing with your application, so the fact that your visa is now granted makes the prize even more sweet! All the best with the next phase!

Thanks Gregster, for all the prodding and cajoling. I definitely owe a lot of my getting past the finish line to your straight talking ;)

Well I will ensure that the welcome mat is out when you hit Melbourne!

• Like 1

Oh, I missed this - I have been looking out for your "I got it post"

So super chuffed on your behalf !!!

:congratulations::congratulations::congratulations::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

( sorry, just super excited and happy for you right now - so congrats overload ;) )

Hopefully will get to meet you in Melbourne one day .

Edited by EmNew
  • Like 1

Oh, I missed this - I have been looking out for your "I got it post"

So super chuffed on your behalf !!!

:congratulations::congratulations::congratulations::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

( sorry, just super excited and happy for you right now - so congrats overload ;) )

Hopefully will get to meet you in Melbourne one day .

Now the weekend celebrations can really begin :D :D :D Couldn't wait to see your reaction, Em, and I'm not disappointed! LOL.

You, Mara, Me and whoever else wants to join the party will definitely be having an Australia shindig when we're all settled in and throwing boomerangs out of car windows just 'cause we can! :cowboy:

The job and house are now squarely in focus ... along with the costs of taking our two dogs and cat along. R96k for prep and transport + R45k for 10 days quarantine. :o

Hope your plans are coming together lovingly (Hannibal-style)!

Congrats MisterMoose!

I was wondering how you were progressing with your applications. All the best with planning your new life down under.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

Only just saw this.

Congratulations Mistermoose! That's fantastic news! :)

Take that leap, you won't regret it!

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and viewpoints once you arrive.

Aaaaah, love it when another one of us gets a visa.

• Like 1