It starts!

mistermoose

CO assigned this morning. Wow, this is starting to get real. Really real :)

They asked for a few additional docs, such as proof of family home, extra payslips from one of the jobs I've had in the past, and Form47 for my mom.

Sent off everything but the last, which I'll get to tonight. Another form! LOL.

Let's see what this week brings!

• Like 6

Congratulations and jubilation's...the end is in sight!

• Like 1

It took you awhile, didnt it?

But hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now on!

• Like 1

Oooh, great news!

Hopefully we'll both have a new post later this week, saying "It Ends........." ;)

Heard nothing back from ours yet - no additional docs requested as of yet.

More waiting.....ugh..........

• Like 2

That's awesome news! Hopefully you don't have to wait long now... it's really the best feeling!

• Like 1

OK, so Form 47a is done, dusted and emailed. All the extra docs requested have now been sent! Now waiting for the big mail :D

Congratulations and jubilation's...the end is in sight!

Thanks Mara! I can FEEL it...

Awesome! Good luck! It's an amazing feeling, so bask in it! :D

It is, isn't it? Seeing everything from another country's official government department is quite humbling. But more than that, exciting!

It took you awhile, didnt it?

But hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now on!

Haha - yes it really did! At some points in the last few years I thought I'd never get here, or want it, but here I am, and I do. So onwards and upwards we go :)

Oooh, great news!

Hopefully we'll both have a new post later this week, saying "It Ends........." ;)

Heard nothing back from ours yet - no additional docs requested as of yet.

More waiting.....ugh..........

You said it, Em! I'm sure you'll hear soon, respond even sooner, and have your good news in time for a couple of bottles of champagne this weekend or next. Holding thumbs for us!

well done to you moose. Good luck with the rest of youre journey:-)

Thanks Emma :) Exciting times. Nearly at the top of the first mountain, and looking forward to the view.

That's awesome news! Hopefully you don't have to wait long now... it's really the best feeling!

You should know, Gunner! Thanks so much. Getting properly excited now :)

Another (Australian) day goes by and nothing more from our CO. Hoping for good news soon! Tomorrow would be nice :)

• Like 1

Let's hope it's tomorrow....

I have my Tim Tams and bubbly on hand, just in case !

• Like 2

Em that is some combo :ilikeit:

Well done MisterMoose :ilikeit:

The next email that you get will be the visa grant. Be prepared for the party when that happens. Good luck with the rest of the process :blush-anim-cl: .

• Like 1

Let's hope it's tomorrow....

I have my Tim Tams and bubbly on hand, just in case !

Not sure we'll be able to stop once we start :)

Well done MisterMoose :ilikeit:

The next email that you get will be the visa grant. Be prepared for the party when that happens. Good luck with the rest of the process :blush-anim-cl: .

Thanks so much - can't wait! I see your timelines were amazing! Less than a month from sponsorship to grant. You must be really chuffed :D

We're getting really good at the waiting game....

Next week..........?????

We're getting really good at the waiting game....

Next week..........?????

I think that 10 days is the magic number. So, yes, next week :)

You've been posting here so long, I just assumed you were here already.

Good luck and try to curb the impatience, there are people who waited 5 years for a visa, so a week or three is nothing really.

• Like 1

You've been posting here so long, I just assumed you were here already.

Good luck and try to curb the impatience, there are people who waited 5 years for a visa, so a week or three is nothing really.

LOL, you and me both - I can't believe I'm NOT there already :)

You're right about the wait though. I think the closer you get to the end, the more impatient you become.

LOL, you and me both - I can't believe I'm NOT there already :)

You're right about the wait though. I think the closer you get to the end, the more impatient you become.

OK, I put in the patience bit because I see people having fits that the CO (or whatever they call them this week) aren't hanging over their keyboards just in case someone happens to lodge an application .....

But that's me ...

• Like 1

Congrats, but regarding "the end" that was speculated about above, I just want to warn you that each time the finishing line is drawn a bit further. First you think it ends when the Visa is approved, then you realise it might be "the end" when you arive, then you realise you might feel accomplishment when you get a job, or feel more comfortable or less stressed about your new job, then you start looking for a place to call 'home' and think you'll be finally done with this rollercoaster

I also thought about changing my member name, but in light of the above, it might happen when we obtained citizenship.

At least one step at a time, we'll get "there"!

• Like 4

Congrats, but regarding "the end" that was speculated about above, I just want to warn you that each time the finishing line is drawn a bit further. First you think it ends when the Visa is approved, then you realise it might be "the end" when you arive, then you realise you might feel accomplishment when you get a job, or feel more comfortable or less stressed about your new job, then you start looking for a place to call 'home' and think you'll be finally done with this rollercoaster

I also thought about changing my member name, but in light of the above, it might happen when we obtained citizenship.

At least one step at a time, we'll get "there"!

I think I may have mentioned before that there is a series of weights that get lifted off one's back as in - visa applied for - visa granted - flights booked - house sold - movers onboard - depart on flight - etc, and so on ...

Each of those is a separate phase of the whole thing .... and as each one gets satisfied, it's a weight off the back

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Today is 1 month since I was allocated and heard from a CO, and in a week it'll be 3 months since I submitted my application.

DIBP's service levels state that they aim to respond with a decision within 3 months on at least 75% of applications. I have a week to go to fall within the 75%.

Let's see what happens.

I can only imagine what your frustration and stress levels are at this stage :(

I will pray that there will be a post on the January 189 submissions thread and your journal thread soon that you have got it!

• Like 1

MisterMoose

Just hang in there :whome: .

On the positives, you have a CO, who ha requested those docs. As soon as your file comes up again, they will approve. I think you have been through the worst :blush-anim-cl: .

• Like 1