Thinking of moving to Victoria (Melbourne)...

Dear All,

I trust you are well and thank you all for posting useful tips for us wanting to move to Oz. The move is so stressful with alot to think about- so all of your information is much appreciated.

Recently, My husband and myself, have been thinking of moving to Victoria. He is an admitted attorney in Nsw but we felt Victoria offers cheaper real estate rentals than the NSW. We have been looking at Sunbury and a few other suburbs. Can anyone please advise me on the following issues:

a. Can anyone recommend good suburbs in Victoria to raise a 3 year old and which has easy access to public transport into the city and good pre schools. Also it must be reasonable on rentals and is close to shops, transport routes etc and can you also tell me how long will it take to get to the city from the Suburb you mentioned via public transport.

- Would it be better to buy a car or use public transport in Victoria?

b. My husband is an admitted Solicitor in NSW- can anyone tell me what he needs to do in order to practice law in Victoria? He has been trying to find this infomation and he wrote the Legal Services Board in Vic but is awaiting an answer. Just thought some other lawyers may know.

c. What is the Job market like in Victoria? Firstly, the legal and then any Jobs (driver, delivery, pack boxes etc). We both will be willing to do anything for starters and work our way into his professional field eventually.

d. What is the average wages one must earn per annum to live in Victoria?

e. International movers- Does anyone know any decent movers from Durban to Vic and an estimated costs for the containers. We will just bring [ Three piece lounge suit, Dinning table, fridge, coffee table, TV and three boxes of clothes, Baby Toys]

Thank you so much for any assistance you will give me on these questions.

Regards

Emma