Got a job

Rhino1

That's fantastic. Well done and congratulations!

• Like 1

Wow, amazing. Congrats. Off to go google City of Onkaparingamalingading...

• Like 4

Fantastic news, you have done well!

• Like 1

Sounds like an amazing job!! Well done, may you have many years of happiness in Australia!!

• Like 1

Congrats!!! That's amazing! :jester:

• Like 1

Well done! It sounds like a very cool job in a country with gorgeous vistas, sounds like a job sent from heaven :-)

• Like 1

Congratulations!

Onkaparinga is my local council. I will send you through some suggestions about how to improve things in the local area!

Seriously, South Africans are just so qualified. My dentist and doctor are both South African!

Brilliant news. It has become more difficult to get a job and this is great news.

All the best.

• Like 1

Congratulations!!

• Like 1

Terrific news :king: .

I chuckled about the bottle of Red wine :ilikeit: . What a way to start.

• Like 1

When asked on my medical examination how much alcohol I consumed I pointed out tongue in cheek only the best red wines. The Ausies thought it was funny and decided to bring me one of the better local reds as a welcome gift...

• Like 1

Well done! The biggest stress factor is the work. My husband also starts on Monday and he is so stressed about starting a new job in a new country after working for the same Co since 1997.

Congratulations!

When asked on my medical examination how much alcohol I consumed I pointed out tongue in cheek only the best red wines. The Ausies thought it was funny and decided to bring me one of the better local reds as a welcome gift...

A sense of humor really goes a long way....doesn't it?

• Like 1

A sense of humor really goes a long way....doesn't it?

I think it does. Its gives them an opportunity to see you as a regular guy who would be a pleasure to have around the office, and not too stiff and unapproachable.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the positive feedback. Today I officially have two days of work behind the back. The reception was absolutely amazing. I've already been introduced to another South African and apparently our IT Manager is also a South African. Feels odd to have a full on Afrikaans conversation with a colleague here ;-)

• Like 2

Welcome in Adelaide! Like Tamara, Onkaparinga is also my council... I wish you all the best in this new, exciting and challenging opportunity that you have. I know you will love it here and am convinced that you will make a difference!

Take care

Karen

• Like 2

Congrats!

Our council is the City of Onkaparinga.. probably the most beautiful and scenic in South Australia as its offers the beach, bush, hills and wineries :)

• Like 2

Well done! The biggest stress factor is the work. My husband also starts on Monday and he is so stressed about starting a new job in a new country after working for the same Co since 1997.

Congratulations!

Yeah, tell your husband I sincerely sympathize. I've been with the same organisation since 1993...