Cricket World Cup Final

rbbjhb

Hi all

Is anyone interested in going to the Cricket World Cup final and hopefully supporting South Africa to victory? I know there's no guarantee SA will make it, but I'm going to go to the game regardless (it should be a wonderful spectacle), assuming I can still get a ticket, and I don't want to end up sitting on my own surrounded by loud-mouthed Aussie supporters (if Australia happen to make the final). I'm travelling from South Africa for the tournament and I can't find anyone here who intends being at the final.

Please canvass the Saffers in your network and get in touch if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Ros.

Sorry, we'll all be sitting with the "loud mouthed Aussie supporters" :D:P

Sorry, we'll all be sitting with the "loud mouthed Aussie supporters" :D:P

Less than 10 years in Aus and you're converted already? Surely not!

Only kidding, I still support SA against all other teams. That won't change.

On a serious note, if SA make the final, you will most likely find that there will be a ticket category in the "South African supporters" stand. They usually have one for other internationals and I'm pretty are they have a dedicated area for the pool games. That way if you can't find a group, you can at least be surrounded by your own countrymen.

I'm just not sure if they do that for the finals, given that they don't know who's in it, but I'll try to find out.

I'm tempted to go to the final, but eish, it's not cheap.

Only kidding, I still support SA against all other teams. That won't change.

On a serious note, if SA make the final, you will most likely find that there will be a ticket category in the "South African supporters" stand. They usually have one for other internationals and I'm pretty are they have a dedicated area for the pool games. That way if you can't find a group, you can at least be surrounded by your own countrymen.

I'm just not sure if they do that for the finals, given that they don't know who's in it, but I'll try to find out.

I'm tempted to go to the final, but eish, it's not cheap.

From what I've seen on the ticketing website, there isn't any specific "supporters stand" - but I'll also try and find out from my end.

Indeed it isn't cheap.... and if you think it's expensive, can you imagine what it's like for a Saffer converting Rands? But hey - you can't take it with you ;)