GUIDE TO THE 143 PARENT VISA

Orphan

What a terrific post this is, even two years down the line @Orphan

There seems to be a keen focus on parent visas of late, and changes are happening. I'm also heading down the road, long way to go before sponsoring parents - who knows what the rules will be by that time, but this was immensely helpful.

Cheers

PS: been a member for a while and siphoned such valuable information, thinking it's time I also started contributing ?

• Like 1

@danofotiadis 

You are most welcome to join our support group forum. See link below. 

We have started this particular thread as to not flood this valuable thread of Orphan's.

Hi Guys and Gals.

I am trying to establish a new thread just for us Roomies to communicate and share our experiences without flooding Orphan's thread "NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information".

I have no idea whether I am doing this right but I guess we will soon find out. :unsure:

As soon as I have a couple of replies on the new thread, I will post our updated waiting list and we can keep up to date right there..

Hope to hear from some roomies soon.

Regards

Elna

http://www.saaustralia.org/topic/48045-contributory-parent-143-visa-support-group/

• 4 weeks later...

So, a little confused about the balance of family test and how it applies to our situation.

One child over 18 settled in Australia for 7 years now, one child over 18 settled in South-Africa, and one child under 18 that would be a dependent on the application, so would come along and settle in Australia.

Does that still pass the test, due to the under 18 dependant that would come along?

2 hours ago, malJohann said:

So, a little confused about the balance of family test and how it applies to our situation.

One child over 18 settled in Australia for 7 years now, one child over 18 settled in South-Africa, and one child under 18 that would be a dependent on the application, so would come along and settle in Australia.

Does that still pass the test, due to the under 18 dependant that would come along?

Meeting the Balance of Family requirement is a time of application requirement.  Within the Balance of the Family test all children are counted - their dependency is not taken into account.

• Like 1

Just now, TeeTMI said:

Meeting the Balance of Family requirement is a time of application requirement.  Within the Balance of the Family test all children are counted - their dependency is not taken into account.

So, even if underage and in the same application, more need to be overseas and/or in Australia than in the country of origin before parents can migrate?

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 3:26 AM, malJohann said:

Sorry @malJohann, but this one sounds like a toughie for the agents.  Ask around on the facebook forums but I am pretty sure Tee has her facts straight there. Good luck, buddy.