Melbourne PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK

Mara

There have been so many new arrivals in Melbourne, I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a day out somewhere, for the newcomers to meet some of the long resident guys, exchange conversations, exchange telephone numbers and perhaps meet some new people.

As the weather is getting warmer, I think towards the end of November may be a good time, I would think that a Saturday would be a good day, but we could do it on a Sunday as well, so when you reply, state your preferences. Also state which date would suit you the best, November 22/23 or November 28/29.

In order to take everyone out of their comfort zone, I was thinking of a "picnic" at Hanging Rock!

So let us hear from you if you are interested in attending. If you are interested in attending, perhaps you could PM me your personal email address as it would be easier to advise you of changes.

THE DATE HAS BEEN SET FOR

SUNDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2014

VENUE

HANGING ROCK PICNIC GROUNDS

TIME

11am ONWARDS

Now read on ......

Hi everyone, I did not want to keep on changing this message, as a lot of people go to the last page and then they would not find all the information, so.... just scroll through the pages and look for the following heading in the post, that is information you should read...

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

Thanks Mara -

We would be up for it unless anything comes up date wise (no preference currently). I have PM'd you my email address.

Tee

Excellent guys, I have added you to the email list... Keep coming guys, it would be wonderful to have a big turnout!

Awww man! !! Wish I was there... hanging Rock was on my list of places I wanted to see. Then our city suddenly changed .. sigh. Enjoy guys! !

Hanging rock is great. We'll be there if the stars align and we don't have a zillion other kid related things on.

Mara, that sounds lovely.

We could do any date everybody prefers.

Hanging rock sounds lovely-it's where the Rolling Stones concert is being held on the 8th of November.( I am a HUGE fan)

It would be so nice to be with some South Africans-been here 2.5 years , and have not had the pleasure of meeting any people from the old country.

Maybe that's because we live in the sticks?

Oh no, too early for us.... Anybody organising a New Years get together?

Sounds good!

Funny, just recently we spoke about going to hanging rock some time!

I've sent you my email Mara.

Okay guys, I am still working on the final date, but in the meantime you need to let me know which of the following dates suits you the best :

Saturday 22nd November 2014

Sunday 23rd November 2014

or

Saturday 29th November 2014

Sunday 30th November 2014

I often think that Saturdays are the best, as then you have a day to recover before you start your weekday chores again. I am happy to go with the date that receives the most "yes" confirmations.

Below is a link to Hanging Rock, there is an entrance fee of $10 per car or $20 per mini-bus. There are barbecues and picnic areas as well as a restaurant if you prefer to buy something.

http://www.visitmacedonranges.com/natural-attractions/hanging-rock/visitor-information/

Please let me hear from you

Sundays are better for those with children. Saturday sports tend to get the better of us.

Righto, that is then:

On Sunday : 1 vote

On Sunday now has 2 votes

Anyone else want to have their choice?

Looks like Sunday 23rd might be our pick.

As follows then:

Sundays now has 3 votes

Sunday 23rd November 2014 has 1 vote

Please keep those votes coming.

• Like 1

Yep, add the wife and I onto the list, we good for any day so will go with the group choice

Heard about hanging rock a couple of times and driven past it on the way to other places but haven't stopped there yet so the spot sounds great

I'm keen. I'll be there unless something comes up at work, only starting end of the month so not sure yet. But should be good. My email is ... ... I may need to get a lift unless there is public transport to there.

Edited by Mara
Removed email address

You can catch a ride with us, we close to a train station so easy enough to get to our place and we head out from there

Nev and Zoot, please PM your private emails to me.

Right so now we have the following votes:

Saturday 1 vote

Sunday 6 votes

Sunday 23rd November 1 vote

Sunday 30th November 0 votes

I am hoping for good weather, will list expectations here when my weather app stretches that far, it unfortunately only does 28 days in advance.

Count us in. Although would prefer a Saturday, because we're a bit further out, so might make a weekend of it, if it finalises as a sunday! Either way, please keep us posted! I'll mail through our details now. Thanks Mara! ?

Welcome, glad to see the list is growing!