SA and Kiwi Strongholds....

Zim

Hello Everyone, hope this finds you all well?

I am just after a bit of advice for my husband.... he is starting up a little Rugbytots business here in Perth. This is a ball skills programme aimed at kiddies from 18 months - 7 years. We are very aware that AFL is big here in WA so we are focusing on the ex-pat community (particularly South Africans, Brits and Kiwis). We will definitely be based NOR but I was after some more specific areas and suburbs that seem to be particularly popular with us ex-pats and also if anyone has any great ideas over venues in particular - just a small park area preferably with some undercover area for those particularly hot or rainy days.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! We are very new "off the boat" and are maybe being a little risky jumping into this so soon but we are hoping that it will be a success.

Thank you so much

Sorry Brad, no worries - by next year we will have spread all over WA! (Positive thinking :whome: )

It's definitely a niche market so I's suggest the best bet would be to do some research into rugby clubs NOR (Joondalup Brothers comes to mind) and then try affiliate your hubby's program with the clubs. Unlike SA you cannot just use one of the parks because the shire (council) will be concerned about liability insurance etc. I know this for a fact because a friend had one of those fitness training groups and they were told that they cannot use the local park for that reason.Other more established fitness groups have indemnity insurance which they need to supply to the council when applying for a permit to use the facility. The rugby clubs have an automatic client base (all the pikkies from older brothers and dads playing), they will have the space and I would think insurance under the club's umbrella.

You also need to do all the legal stuff, like getting a working with children clearance and I’m sure there will be an insurance component. I know a huge portion of my sons soccer fee goes to insurance.