gold coast info please

ruditrix

Hi, need to know about margate and redcliff. Well the whole postal code of 4019.

Family friendly area for rentals and then million dollar question..... schools for a 7year old.

I cannot seem to find a furnished self catering temp renting for the first couple of weeks. Only hotels and that ends up a bit pricy for 5 people.

Living standards? Higher than other cause it's coast line?

And last question, work wise. I did see allot of vacancies for hubbies trade and work for me, unemployment high there?

Hi Trix, Redcliffe is north of Brisbane and a suburb of Brisbane. Gold Coast is a separate city south of Brisbane. I don't think Redcliffe is on the regional visa postcode list unfortunately.

Edited by Fish

I live in postal code 4020, the northern part of the Redcliffe Peninsular. Postal code 4019 is the southern part of the Redcliffe peninsular. I would be surprised if postal code 4019 was regional.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&q=postal+code+4019&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6b93e5a059ab4cad:0x1c02a35e27d738b0,Queensland+4019&gl=au&sa=X&ei=OL6kU_SFHIaeugSw1IHwAg&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA

The Redcliffe peninsular is not very far north of Brisbane, the Gold Coast to the south. Postal code 4019 is the first suburb out of Brisbane in the Moreton Bay Council area.

I'm happy to give you info on the area. I have no children, so will have no knowledge of schools.

I do know of a caravan park in 4020 which offers chalet accommodation.

Edited by 17yearsoutofrsa

4019 is not on the list.

These are the postcodes:

4307 to 4499

4522 to 4899

Hi, I'm in 4218 which is Mermaid Waters, Broadbeach on the Gold Coast. Looking at your code list, the closest the Gold Coast central is code 4211 which is Nerang and surrounding suburbs

Ruditrix you usually pay a lot more for furnished accomodation. Also, as soon as you go from 4 people staying, to 5 people, they want to put you in a 3 bedroom instead of 2, and this really pushes the prices up. We have 3 kids and we always tried to get away with a 2 bedroom holiday place with one sleeping on the couch, but now they are too big, haha.

Also the holiday places have no sense of humour & tell you they are not insured for the extra person...

I really believe if you just get an unfurnished place, buy a bar fridge, 2 pots and a crockery/cutlery set, and some camping matresses, you will find it a lot cheaper. I know it's more hassle but if it's the difference between $200 per night and $350 per week...

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Thanx guys. I had a look again...

So who know nareng or pacific pines?

I am lookjng at areas closest to the coast. Well. Only looking so far and annoying my husband. Trying to get a feeling before eoi comes and all hell breaks loose and all the choices needs to be made asap. Lol.

• Like 1

Nerang and Pac pines are both fine. Nerang has some less appealing areas (central nerang is not that pretty, and seem to have older and more run down homes)

That said, Nerang is a very big area and there are many parts that look like good areas to live. If you look towards Gilson, thats an up and coming areas with a few schools that I believe are good.

Pac Pines is very pretty, have driven through there a little. Its further from the sea, but has lovely nature areas, and I am told that there are good schools. its close to Helensvale which has a good reputation, shopping and schools.

Both areas have easy access to the highway and are not too far from beaches. Also, both areas are close to the train (Nerang or Helensvale stations), which would get you to Brisbane fairly easily if either of you need to work there. As they are not on the coast, accommodation is likely to be more reasonable than the touristy areas.

All the best in the researching and waiting!!

Thanx. Roughly how far from beaches? I tried to look on the maps but the only estimate to brisbane.

about 15kms? maybe a bit further.

Have a google search for Suburbs of Gold Coast, or even for maps and you can see how it is all laid out. That might give you a better idea of distances.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to conjure up an old topic - but any of your from Gold Coast know any great IT companies on the Gold Coast and whether the job opportunities are worth including Gold coast in our LSD?

One way to see where the jobs are is to do a search on Seek.com.au and then look at how many jobs are in each state. There will be a number next to each state when you choose Location and then state. NSW / VIC have the most vacancies. Also when you search use a key skill as the keyword rather than a job title as job titles can vary between countries. Not all industries but it's worth knowing. So if you are a senior developer then search for "Senior .NET" if that is your key skill.