New to SAAustralia and saying hello!

DeepFriedMatt

Hey everyone!

My girlfriend Lisa and I recently decided to move to Melbourne. We are both newly qualified CA's and are looking to start careers (and a family) down under. We have started the process already (sent documents to ICAA last week for the skills assessment).

We came across this forum when searching for information on the immigration process. It has already proven to be very useful for us and has also put our minds at ease over not using a migration agent. It's great to know there are many others out there that are going through the same process and are willing to share their experiences and provide some advice.

I hope we will be able to help some others too once we are further into the process!

Wishing everybody luck in their migration process!

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum DeepFried Matt.................lol, love the name, it is a great place to get lots of answers, support and make great friends through every part of the process.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck; it is one hell of an adventure

Wow, Melbourne, that is my side of the woods, so a very great welcome to you... Questions? Ask away!

welcome to the forum - its a great group of people from all walks of life, from all parts of RSA

your sure to find someone in your same situation that can share advise

Welcome Matt and Lisa. Just curious, and as I dont know much about skills assessment, do newly qualified CA's qualify? Do CA's not have any work experience requirements?

Welcome to the forum.

All the best with your journey & enjoy the ride!

Thanks everyone!

@Jordy Yes, I know a few recently qualified CAs who have applied and have been successful. Perhaps someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but it isn't necessary to include skilled employment on your application if you have enough points without the points for experience? 15 points will still be awarded by ICAA for having a relevant bachelors and Honours degree. At least this is my understanding

Welcome DeepFriedMatt, best of luck!!!!

Trev

To qualify as a CA you need at least 3 years articles (depending on a number of things). Since articles is not a concept the local CAs are familiar with, you will have at least 3 years work experience (post graduation). New CA probably makes you really cheap (in Australia) and trainable, I am sure you will have no problem finding work, especially if you do not mind working in audit.

Edited by Gerhardk