Caringbah...thoughts on schools there?

BriD

So now that Sydney is the city with a job for hubby, we need to research again which areas would be good with regards to schooling.

Hubby's work is in Matraville. We are considering living rather in the more suburban areas further out of Sydney and heard that Caringbah is a nice area with good schools.

Can anyone offer any thoughts on the schools there? Seems there are about 4 in the area...Caringbah Public Primary School, Caringbah North Primary School, La Laguna Primary School and Lilli Pilli Primary school....any that we should avoid or try to get in the zone for?

We would really like to stay in a house with a garden...and the rental prices in Caringbah offer much more than the areas closer to the city with good schools.

Please throw your thoughts at me...would really appreciate any help we can get :)

Sorry, dont know Southern Sydney at all. A forum friend lived in Little Bay (v close to Matraville) until Jan this year, but she was single without kids. I cant recall many/any on here living in South Sydney. You will have to hit facebook and see if any of the South African Mums in Sydney type of groups can give you an answer.

No worries....will do that thanks :)

I forgot to say. Let your husband ask some of his future colleagues in Sydney, where they live or where they would suggest you look.

Have you thought about looking at other areas, like the Northwest (which includes Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, Kellyville etc) and also West Pennant Hills. Depending on your budget you could also look at areas like St Ives. My husband used to work in Botany for many years and even now, has a lot of clients he sees in the Botany area and it takes him about an hour to get from Castle Hill to Botany. Unfortunately, I don't know any South Africans that have settled along the area that you are looking at.

• 2 weeks later...

Well looked in the area when we decided to move over. However we had been living in London for 10 years and wanted the lifestyle.

Caringbah had good reports and driving around it looked OK. That is as far as we went as wanted more rural so went further south.

We are currently down in Stanwell Park on the coast. Wife is currently working in the CBD and train ride is just over an hour. Helensburgh is also good and has more regular trains into the city. I know it takes around and hour from here to the airport so not much further to work.

As above I only a few South African mothers here at playgroup and not any in that area.