Visa Activation Weekend tips?

Jasper

Hi all,

We're "popping" in to Perth to activate our visas in May and due to circumstances will literally only be in the country for a day and a half (I know right?). We fly in on the Saturday.

I just wondered if there was any advice on things to see or do on the weekend near the airport? Is there a nice area to wander around? We at least want to try take in a LITTLE bit of Perth while we're there.

Wow,that does sound hectic .... Your body clocks will truly be confused.... Maybe you will be there and back so quickly that you will be fine. On our first day we headed down to the harbor and walked from the main ferry drop off /pick up point and walked up to the Sydney bridge.... It was beautiful and free. We got to see many of the significant landmarks in a few hours. If it's a nice day it may be worth catching a ferry to Manly ... Once there walk to their main beach and have an expensive ice cream whilst taking in the beautiful shore line. The ferry trip gives you beautiful views of the city. You can do this easily in one day... Take good walking shoes and you will be fine.... I did it all in slip slops, typical Durban girl! :)

On the walk down the water front you will come across their botanical gardens, an amazing beach bathes, incredible kids water edufun park on the boardwalk.

I can get excited for you just thinking of all we did in one day.

Ah I got so excited that I got it wrong! Twit!!!

Sorry .... If you only have one day in PERTH (!) Kings Park botanical gardens is a must... But don't rush it spend an hour or so enjoying the view from a picnic blanket (pack one). Take a walk along the swan river.... Sorry, but despite spending 5 days in Perth we drove here and there and so I am not sure what you can squish into one day. Maybe head for the beaches cottesloe ? Have fish and chips from a beachside cafe.... Definitely worth hiring a car for a zip around !

We did not find Perth as riveting .... But we still intend to move there in Jan :)

Have a lovely time as short as it may be!

King's Park - feel free to pop in there for 30 mins in the evening as well to look out over the city.

Riverfront

Ferry trip from Perth to Fremantle.

That'll take up a fair bit of time.

Awesome thanks! Ya it's going to be a crazy trip but we don't have a choice! We'll chalk it up to another adventure! :)

Fun!! We had to fly our (then) 18 year old in to Melbourne to grant his PR while he was writing matric prelims. Poor kid flew in to Melbourne & out again the same weekend...

Fun!! We had to fly our (then) 18 year old in to Melbourne to grant his PR while he was writing matric prelims. Poor kid flew in to Melbourne & out again the same weekend...

Ouch. I flew from the UK to Vegas for a weekend once...somehow being a "boys" weekend lessened the pain :)

• Like 1