Subclass 190 Case Officer

gordon28

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone has submitted visa subclass 190 recently. We submitted on 28-02-2014, and would like to hear from anyone who has been assigned a case officer yet, or still waiting to be assigned.

Regards

Hi Gordon 28

There are a couple of us waiting for visa grants in the subclass 190 category. Have a look at my profile and you will see the topic I started under '190 visa's have slowed down'.

We lodged 14 Jan, Co assigned 19 Feb - requested medicals, did medicals 26 Feb, Co confirmed approved medicals 7 March.

You should get a CO assigned soon but unfortunately there will be a wait after that until grant due to the allowable visa grants nearing an end for the year (June - July).

Hi 1982

I was reading this topping as your reply came in.

This is a bit disappointing as we where planning on leaving around June/July. I guess i will feel better though once a co is assigned though.

Thanks for the info

I don't think you wanting to leave in July will be a problem (provided the CO doesnt request more info). IF the visa quota is reached before end June then the remaineder visas will be processed in July when the new 'allowable numbers' are released. So worste case you will be processed early July. We still hoping to be pushed through within the next month or so. I read that there were roughly 28 000 visa's for our subclass for the 2013/2014 year, just not sure exactly how many slots are left.

Yes i suppose July is still a realistic departure date. Good luck with your application, hope you get to leave next month.

Please keep us updated should you come across how many slots are available.

@SurferMan: thanks! When did you apply for your visa?

• Like 1

Hi gordon28,

We applied in early May 2013. Still no word, and our is a 186 ENS visa. Man the wait is killing me. I don't know how the allocations work, but if its what Im reading here, if anything, we should get our any minute now. :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Hey Gordon28,

We received our CO around 6.5 weeks after application. Good luck, hope you get your CO soon.

Surferman, 1982, Lets pray for our Visas for this month. Its my husbands bday next week, dont you think it would be an awesome bday pressie?

• Like 1

Howzit gangsters,

Lodged for 190 SS ACT, 31 Jan, got CO in about 7 weeks, CO requested meds and PCC's.

Meds done, still waiting on PCC's EISH.

Hopefully soon.

Trev

CO assigned today - yiipppeeeeeee. Some progress at least.

• Like 2

@Ericadslv,

Well done I see your heading to Canberra too, see you there!!!

Trev

Tomorrow we will enter week 7 of waiting for a case officer. According to this link that is the estimated time for class 190 visa application. So we holding thumbs. Monday will be week three that we've been waiting to be on the system for the PCC's. Confirmed with the post office that someone came to pick up the package there three weeks ago. So on Monday i will probably have to take off work so i can spend the day on the phone with them.

I am about to submit a Decision ready application, just need to stitch off the English. I wonder if you can let them know its "Decision ready? without an agent?

CASE OFFICER ASSIGNED!

After 6 weeks and 4 days. Around the time they said it would happen. It is really strange to be able to rely on what a government tells you.

All the CO wants is PCC's and medicals for both of us. No form 80 and no unabridged birth certificate for me (which i was stressing about. The one i uploaded was from 1984 and only had my mom and dad's id numbers). Our PCC's where received on the 1st of April so that wont take to long now (hopefully).

Well let me book our medicals and plan a celebration party.

Doctor is on leave for two weeks. Can only book on the 5th of May :-(

O well, at least its booked now

190 VISA GRANTED TODAY - YIPPPPEEE !!!

What a pleasant and wonderful suprise - 2 months after application.

• Like 3

Wow - Congrats Ericadslv!!! :ilikeit:

We submitted 14 Jan - we are at our 3 month mark for our 190 WA. Our CO was assigned 19 Feb - I was under the impression they allocate according to first in - I must be wrong though. Maybe each state has it's own Que.

Very happy for you guys - hope ours comes soon

xx

Hi, congrats :congratulations:

Gives the rest of us hope!

You must be soooo relieved.

1982, same we applied 21 Jan and CO assigned 05 Mar, still nothing. I sent an email to our CO this morning to see if I cant get any more details, if I hear from her I will let you know. I guess it depends on the state. Each state for its own, but we'll see what she says, lets pray she can give us some usefull info.

I received an automated response email when I sent the CO an email, the following was part of this email: (I guess the 3 months mark could be the actual average time for visa process. One lady on another forum got her visa 3 and half months after application. So I really hope you and I get our visas real soon. Next week Monday will be three months for us.

Post-Lodgement Enquiry

If you have lodged a GSM visa application and your enquiry relates to when your application is likely to be assessed by a case officer, please see: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/lodged-information.htm

Information on processing times, other useful links and current information about GSM processing arrangements can be accessed via this webpage.

If you have lodged a GSM visa application, but have not yet been contacted by a case officer, and you have further enquiries, use the GSM Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form at:
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times

The department aims to process applications within the advertised service standards, however, actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors. Please see: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Quick question @Ericadslv, how do they inform you that the visa has been granted? Do you get an email or do you have to wait for a letter?

@nicknel,

is that 3 months from applying, or 3 months from uploading last docs?

trevor