Sad that this thinking is published in M&G

mistermoose

Everything in SA gets blamed on apartheid, even though it was 20 years ago, it is just to divert and blame the current governments mess ups.

How can this malema idiot expect whites to vote for him, after he was signing shoot the Boer, and vowing to take white owned land like mugabe. This idiot is part and parcel of why we left SA, I saw the writing was on the wall.

Read this link on news24, then also read the comments at the bottom, alot of which get constantly deleted. Tbh I think racism in SA is just gonna get worse and worse.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Promotion-about-race-not-merit-ConCourt-hears-20140320

• Like 1

It really is a pity that there are still such vast divisions in SA society. Not sure how long it's going to take to get somewhere close to equality and normality.

Mistermoose, that will never happen, RSA does not have a magic wand!!!

I would be hard pressed to say this is a unique view to South Africa.

In the USA the american blacks still continue on about slavery, the maori go on about it, in Australia the aboriginal people still belive they've been hard done by. Even in places like the UK you find issue between Scotland, Wales and the England and the crown.

Most recently the situation in Ukraine has erupted. And China is also stirring.

No matter where in the World we go there groups who have some score to settle.

Edited by chzaau

I say give it all back to the "previously disadvantaged". For South Africa to ever be a working country it will have to hit rock bottom and start over. I'm really sorry for all the people in South Africa that will suffer when (not if) it happens (including family and friends), but I can see no other way of this ever being settled without hitting rock bottom.

• Like 2

I don't need salvation.

I've spent my entire life treating all people with dignity and respect. I'm very surprised that Andile Mngxitama has had such an about face about so many things.

So to redress the horrors of the past, those same horrors should be perpetuated against the former oppressors............no room for reconciliation then?

• Like 4

Unfortunately it seems to be a view shared by many Africans across Africa. :(

I couldn't get past "whites finally find salvation" - what a load of BS!! Didn't bother to read the rest...

• Like 1

I agree Riekie, I barely made it past the first paragraph.

I wish people like this with such narrow minded views would pull their heads out of their @$$3$ and come to terms with the fact that whities are no longer in control of the country and haven't been more more than 20 years now.

The only people suppressing the blacks in South Africa are the blacks. They have long since taken all the whities jobs in government, armed forces and public sector enterprises and solidly run the respective organisation's into the ground. They have completely neglected what little infrastructure the country has left and now they want to destroy it's economy by nationalizing the banks and mines.

So how's it been working for Russia?

I don't need salvation.

Amen, preach it sister. :P

I think for those trying to get into power or those trying to stay in power using whites, Indians, blacks or whoever else as scapegoats have very little interest in the cause(s) they claim to have at heart. It's Africa - it's all about power and wealth (stealing it)! The poor and the poorly educated are a tool to get you there, once there they like rest matter little!

Hmmmm, I don't think the current youth and the rest of the leadership in government can remember what the original cause was that they were fighting for. Their judgement, vision and memories have been completely clouded by wealth, fame and power.

The only people suppressing the blacks in South Africa are the blacks. They have long since taken all the whities jobs in government, armed forces and public sector enterprises and solidly run the respective organisation's into the ground. They have completely neglected what little infrastructure the country has left and now they want to destroy it's economy by nationalizing the banks and mines.

p

Sorry HEOJ, I'm going to play devils advocate and say I don't agree entirely.

Apartheid is still well and truly alive in South Africa and there are plenty of towns where it may as well still be 1985 - where you see white farmers carrying over the legacy that their parents taught them, treating their workers like dirt and generally hating black people. I still see enough of it every time I go back, and they don't even realise that they're doing it - it's ingrained! They're too busy complaining about "the blacks messing up the country" to think about the fact that they are part of the problem.

That is not to say I agree with the author one bit - she is just as one-eyed and delusional, and is also part of the problem.

I always say to people though - if you grew up being told that your people were oppressed for decades, told that you were sub-human, denied access to many things because of your colour, told that the white man was to blame for all this - would you not also support a party like the EFF? I sure as well would.

Again, I think the EFF policies are delusional, but what I'm saying is you can't really blame desparate people for supporting a character like Malema who promises to get them out of a hole...

I totally agree that the ANC has swayed far away from their original ideologies and have filled their own pockets with the spoils of corruption, lining the pockets of their cronies on the way... But that's not all black people.

I bet a few million of them are siting there going "the whites never gave me any jobs, the blacks aren't giving me any jobs, what the hell am I supposed to do now?!"

It's a mess! On both sides of the fence.

Edited by HansaPlease

I sat spluttering over this for about 5 minutes.

I think the only way someone like this will feel "justice" has been done is when every last white person is living in a squatter camp.

And then what???

Honestly, then what?

"Benificiaries of theft and genocide"...???? Right, because, you know, this is strictly a racial problem and only whites every commit these crimes.

This just made me nauseous. :(