On our way...almost

AmberArpin

Hi all,

Matt and I applied online 6 years ago, soon after we married. Within a year, Matt's trade was downgraded to a level 5 priority.

In the last 4 years, we had a child, my father was diagnosed with cancer and my father in law more recently with Fibrosis of the lungs. We began to change our mindset thinking that Australia was not meant to be. The sudden revival of our application in Jan this year, meant that once again we had to turn our minds to the positives of emigrating.

We received our Visa in Feb 2014. Because my husband is the part owner in a family run business, there is a lot to settle before we can leave. With that in mind we've set our D-day for January 2015.

Keeping busy with to do lists and such is helping me to avoid dwelling on the emotional upheaval to come. :blush: Fortunately, we do have family in Perth and the support and sense of community shown on this forum is amazing.

Be seeing you soon.

Amber

• Like 1

Hey Amber, it's awesome that you guys got the visa after such a long time but it must also be scary all at the same time, going from living in limbo to moving to Australia all in 2 months.

Every time I read a post like this it makes me realise how lucky and blessed we were to have gotten our visa in such a relatively short time.

Hope things work out for you the way you want them to and that everything goes smoothly from here on out.

Congratulations on getting your visa, at last! Wishing you the best for the road that still lies ahead.