New Member - Durban

niro

Hi All,

We have decided to make the move...husband and daughter (aged 9) and hopefully our 2 yorkies! :)

Thanks for all the info, it has been a great help!

Regards

Niro

• Like 2

Hey there Niro, welcome to the forum and good luck with the planning and journey that lies ahead of you.

Welcome Niro, I am sure saaustralia will keep you good company whilst you prepare for the big move.

Welcome mate and all the best in your quest to transplant your family to Australia.

Howzit Niro, welcome!

Another ex-KZN dweller here.

Thanks guys for the kind welcome...much appreciated!

I completed my IELTS Test on Saturday...13 days till results :grads:

I have signed on Migrate2Oz (thanks to this forums advise). :blush-anim-cl:

I have submitted all of my skills assessment doc to the agent last Thursday. Guess they will submit this week..thens the wait! :whome:

I am creating a list of things that I would like to see/do in SA before I leave, so there are no regrets and no "I should of...blah blah blah"

Going to take it easy and try not to stress too must at this point. Just wish I could resign now though :glare: .

Staying positive

Niro

Welcome and good luck for your journey! I share your feeling of wishing I could resign already? hope IELTS went well! I also (re)wrote on Saturday so lets hold thumbs it was a day for getting good scores!

Hey Crisplet...yip 5 more days :rolleyes: ...

Linz4...all the best...waiting is such a pain...but so exciting

I applied for our unabridged certificates this past Saturday...more waiting...

Hi, and welcome. We are in Durban too, Hubby gonna write IELTS test on 5 April... (was suppose to write on the 15 March but with his work pressures and us trying to find a home to move to - he didn't feel prepared enough) so nerve racking, he has been doing some practise material which is scary. Got most of the docs together just need to get certified and send off one time to the agents. This journey is so overwhelming at times. Good luck for your results

All the best with the test.

It is overwhelming...I keep having to remind myself that its one step at a time to get there. I am using the 100 step excel spreadsheet that was posted on this site and then I break those down into weekly tasks - so it doesn't feel too bad. Also, having an agent prevents the added stress.

By the way...I applied for some jobs in Oz and got so many regret letters this morning - lol - all at once! heartbreaking... :cry:

Think that I should wait for the assessment and ielts tests and then try again

Sorry to hear about regret letters, keep your chin up and something will come along.

Where can i find the 100 step excel spreadsheet?

Take care

Hi Jax

Its on the 2nd page of this thread - not sure how to link directly to it.

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/9251-the-100-step-process-to-immigrating-to-australia-from-south-africa/page-2?hl=%20100%20%20steps

I'm loving it. :) but only in about 1.5 steps 98.5 to go.

I completed my IELTS Test on Saturday...13 days till results

So have your results come through yet? Nothing for my sister yet :(

Hi

Thats wonderful news!

Same here :) - managed to get an 8 which is what I needed.

• Like 2

Well done Niro!

Also got the required 8's so it seems it was a good day to write! Our agent (Migrate2Oz) confirmed today our EOI is in!!! Yay!

Hi Linz

Thats awesome, Congratulations.

My skills assessment has not been submitted yet.

Did you submit and get feedback in the same month?

Hi Niro, no not quite...was a bit of a long story...

I originally wrote academic IELTS in November 2013 and sent skills off to ICAA myself, but then realised I had chosen the wrong code and only requested that they assess my qualifications and not my work experience and qualifications... so had to redo it recently, and while waiting for that I decided to rewrite general IELTS to try get a higher score for more points.

What I found very frustrating, was waiting for the skills assessment to come back via normal post, so second time around I got a courier to collect it and send it via DHL (I had some help from family in aus arranging it)

Loads of luck for your skills! Once you get that back, things seems to start moving quickly?

• 1 month later...

Good luck with youre process. Also from Durban but originally from UK. Got our Visa in 2013 and hoping to move next year :-) We went and did the process ourselves as it was far less expensive and fairly easy. Lots of info on these forums were invaluable to us

Permanent residents of Australia

Edited by Guest