Anyone in the marine industry

Tazzn

Is anyone there anyone on the forum that's in some way in the marine industry in Aus?

We're still at the beggining process of our big move but thought it's always a good plan to get some networking in :)

My hubby was a marine mechanic (mainly with yamaha) for 10years. Mainly working on outboards and jetskis (he also has some experience with bikes and golf carts). Is anyone in this industry and has any adivce to offer on the best state to settle, availabilty of jobs?

Hey Tazzn, not in the marine industry myself but we are here on the Sunny Coast, QLD and for someone like your hubby either here or the Goldie would be the perfect place. There are many boats, jet skies and golf carts here in Noosa, all that goes with rich people.

Welcome to the forum by the way and good luck with the journey.

Thanks HEOJJ

We've been thinking about the Gold Coast so seems that will be a good track to try :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tazzn

Been on the Gold Coast now for close on 6 years. Hubby is a marine mechanic. He is with a Honda agency, but they are also qualified mercruiser and volvo agents. They dont touch jetskis. I believe that up sunshine coast way and further north they are quite short of marine mechanics because the mines take any qualified mechanic they can recruit.

Please feel free to pm me and I (and hubby) will help where ever we can. Good luck.

Thanks so so much. We are just at the beginning of our application process but will definitely PM you closer to when we make the final move. Knowing no one in a new country is quite daunting