Lurkers 1st post....

Letzgo

I'm not new to the forum but this will be my first post. I would like to thank the amazing people on the forum for the useful information and providing us with a feeling of not being alone in this journey (and it has been a long one) We (my husband being the main applicant) applied in October 2008 for a 176 family sponsored visa. At the time we were newly married with no children, but still felt that Australia could offer us a safer future with a better lifestyle and we were so excited to go!

Well months turned into years and two little girls later we are still here. We kept getting our hopes up every time we heard a 'rumor' that they would start processing the Cat 5s until the beginning of last year when I just said to my hubby it's now or never. Thankfully my husband had been studying in the last four years so we decided to start the process again, skill assessment, IELTS and a lot of patience (with home affairs and birth certificates for the little ones) Everything happened relatively quickly and after submitting our EOI we received an invite 3 days later, we also managed to apply before the 1st July and missed the price increase by days! We got assigned our CO and all docs had to be in by 13th September. Applied for our PCC's and did our medicals. Collected one of the girls unabridged birth certificate on the 10th September (after 13 escalations in head office) talk about cutting it fine!

We received the wonderful news of our Visa grant on the 21st October 2013, 5 years and 2 weeks after our initial application! We couldn't be happier...

• Like 3

Congrats on the visa and all the best with your move, when and where are you planning on going? And welcome to the forum officially as a poster not a lurker. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Congratulations and officially welcome!

• Like 1

Welcome and congratulations, especially on your tenacity and starting all over again................the whole 175, category thing is awful, we have other forum members still waiting.

Do you know where you are heading and when? That is the next part of the journey :)

• Like 1

The visa grant is the first major hurdle.... The next is booking the one way tickets.... You are definitely not alone.... Good luck with all the next steps! :)

• Like 1

Wow, congrats and welcome!!! Hope it's smooth sailing going forward :)

• Like 1

Yup, sometimes you just have to take the plunge and do it all over! Glad it paid off and you are now on your way to the next part of your journey. Good luck!

Reassures me that we are doing the right thing by "trying again" after being in the boat to nowhere for so long.

• Like 1

Fantastic and you guys will be so happy here. Ten years from now you won't yourselves and your children will be well on their way to achieving greatness! Welcome.

Fantastic and you guys will be so happy here. Ten years from now you won't yourselves and your children will be well on their way to achieving greatness! Welcome.

" you won't know yourselves "

• Like 1

You'll love Brisvegas! My eldest son lives there and we go up there a bit to visit. Nice city with great beaches within 20 minutes drive of the city.

Congratulations on the Visa and welcome. Good luck with all the upcoming activities.

Hey Letzgo, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the visa grant. I'm not sure I would have been able to hold out that long. Good luck with the planning and reat of the journey to the land underdown. :ilikeit: