Brand new member

ImmigrationRookie

Hello everyone

My name is Theo. My wife Denise and I have recently decided that we want to start the grand adventure of immigrating to Australia. We have family in Melbourne and they have been awesome with the support they have given us. We have started the process by getting our documentation in order. ie. Applying for unabridged birth certificates for the whole family, passports, etc. I am so glad that in scouring the internet I have found this forum and site. From my first viewing of it I have found the 100 Steps, which in itself is amazing. It is going to make things so much more bearable to know exactly what we need to do. I believe that i am not the first person to post here to admit that the task seems daunting. I know though that it will all be worth it once it is completed and we are in OZ. Thank you very much for an awesome forum and accepting me to it.

• Like 1

Welcome.

You should have a lot of patience and be prepared to be an Australian immigration expert by the time you are through with it.

start gathering info on education, work for skills assessment and also start thinking about when to write your IELTS if you needs points for your intended visa.

• Like 2

Hey there NewImmi, welcome the awesomest little corner of cyberspace. The hundred point thingy is a brilliant place to start. Good luck with the gathering and application, hope things go smoothly for you guys.

• Like 1

Welcome IR. Wishing you all the best in your process

Trev

• Like 1

Hey guys

Thank you so much for all your responses. We really appreciate it. We are well on our way with all the paperwork required to apply for visa. Only a few outstanding. Assistace at home Affairs have been great and the processing of required docs has been very fast. Can anyone please tell me where I can find the proper documentation needed to apply for visa. Have gone onto Australian government site but being a newbie still learning to navigate properly.

Congratulations on a great decision, hope it goes smoothly for you.

Hi and welcome. Hope we can make the daunting task a little less overwhelming.

Hey guys

Thank you so much for all your responses. We really appreciate it. We are well on our way with all the paperwork required to apply for visa. Only a few outstanding. Assistace at home Affairs have been great and the processing of required docs has been very fast. Can anyone please tell me where I can find the proper documentation needed to apply for visa. Have gone onto Australian government site but being a newbie still learning to navigate properly.

That all depends on which VISA you are applying for but the very least you'll need valid passports, unabridged birth and marriage certificates for all applicants and police clearance certificates regardless, so start with those and add to them as defined/needed by the VISA you're applying for.

Cheers

Matt

Hey guys

Hey there & welcome. Are you planning on applying for a skilled visa? I don't know a lot about that one, but most new applicants start here:-

http://www.immi.gov.au/Pages/Welcome.aspx

Hey guys tks once again for all your input. Uplifting unabridged birth certificates and kids passports from home affairs tomorrow. didnt know about unabridged marraige certificate, will apply tomorrow. Still waiting on feedback from police clearance. Checked out the police link for clearances but no joy. Has not been captured on their system yet. It is really amazing the amount of help we have already received. we really appreciate it and will try to add our info as well. hopefully it can help someone else. Thanks alot everybody

Welcome to the addiction... This is the best place for any person going through the process. Shout if we can help with anything.

May I ask why you are doing your PCC now already? Which visa did you apply for?

• Like 1

We have decided on the 189 points based skilled migration visa. My wife holds a qualification on the skill list fo Aus. My PCC was just one of the things that I got advice on before I found SAAustralia. Now that I have the 100 steps we are following that more closely. Does the PCC have an expiry date/time. If yes we didnt know. Kind of felt our way in the dark in the beginning. Have a beautiful day to all. Good luck on all your endeavours. Caio

Welcome mateo, hope it all goes well for you and you land here soon ;)

Contacted Immi agent today from Migrate to OZ. Our application was based on My wifes being the primary applicant with a National diploma in Marketing. Only to find that marketing has been removed from OZ critical job list. Dissapointed to say the least. I am in SA NAVY and my qualifications are more based on experienced with minimum qualifications. I am a Quality Auditor (ISO 9001:2008 Lead auditor qualification through SABS) OHS short course done in Navy but SAQI accredited. Is their any chance that we can still do this? Or am I being optomistic?

Hi there,

Maybe check the navy in aus and see if that's an option.

something else to look at is at the occupation codes clustered around marketing and see if there isn't enough of an overlap in skills for your wife to apply using a different code, one that may still be on the SOL.

Is her skill also not on the CSOLs as then you could apply for state sponsorship?

Sorry for your setback, hope you can find a way!

Hi Theo. I'm sorry to hear about your setback. Here is the link to the Royal Australian Navy overseas candidates job page. I don't know if it's any help http://m.defencejobs.gov.au/mobile/recruitment-centre/can-i-join/overseas-applicants/navy/

Hi guys checked csol and marketing is not there but marketing manager is. I did check out jobs in OZ though and found alot of ISO quality auditor jobs. Only problem you have to be in the country or have a workers visa to apply for them. Can anybody tell me if there is any way to apply for these jobs. Any advice will be awesome.

Unfortunately recruiters and HR managers will not even look at your CV if you don't have PR to start with and if you do then when they see you are not in Australia it's a long shot that they will give it a second look.

Unless you are in a profession that is highly sought after then you will need to be here to start looking. Recruiters want to see you face to face and Skype doesn't really count. Yes some are lucky to get Skype interviews but they more than likely had PR.

Hey guys tks once again for all your input. Uplifting unabridged birth certificates and kids passports from home affairs tomorrow. didnt know about unabridged marraige certificate, will apply tomorrow. Still waiting on feedback from police clearance. Checked out the police link for clearances but no joy. Has not been captured on their system yet. It is really amazing the amount of help we have already received. we really appreciate it and will try to add our info as well. hopefully it can help someone else. Thanks alot everybody

Hi IR

Welcome and good luck.

I hope that you remembered to put both your wifes surnames(maiden) on the Police clearence. The reason i am asking is cause you need your marraige cert for this and you mentioned applying for your marraige cert after the clearence.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi every-one

Sorry for long absence its all been so hectic. My wife will be going to Oz in April. Her sis sent her cv around in OZ. Hopefully she will get some interviews. Still working hard from my side getting all the paperwork needed. Her sister will give us sponsorship. dont know how much that will help. Can anyone tell me please. Thank you in advance. everyone on the site has been great.

• 2 weeks later...

Contacted Immi agent today from Migrate to OZ. Our application was based on My wifes being the primary applicant with a National diploma in Marketing. Only to find that marketing has been removed from OZ critical job list. Dissapointed to say the least. I am in SA NAVY and my qualifications are more based on experienced with minimum qualifications. I am a Quality Auditor (ISO 9001:2008 Lead auditor qualification through SABS) OHS short course done in Navy but SAQI accredited. Is their any chance that we can still do this? Or am I being optomistic?

Hi ImmigrationRookie,

I really don't know if this could be an option, but have a look at Internal Auditors and the requirements to be assessed as one (it's done through Vetassess). It's definitely on the skills list.

Maybe your Quality Auditor skills are transferable and can somehow be presented to fit the Internal Auditor bill.