"Working In Expo" Feb 2014

DeSwardts

For those that might be interested (Received from my agent)

Working In, an organisation created to help people who are looking at moving overseas for life and job opportunities, hosts expos across the globe. From 22-23 February, they will be in Johannesburg. Here you’ll meet leading international employers in diverse industries as well as get valuable advice and information you need to make the move.

More info:

http://www.migrate2oz.co.za/mlr/2014/janworkingin/online.html

Whoo hoo. We received an email from our agent too and are definately going! Thank you for posting it!

I went to this 2 years ago and found it was a waste of time. The expo was tiny, the food area was larger then the expo. It looks from the site they pushing a big Canada story.

Yeah I went to it twice. First time was interesting, second time was mainly mining companies looking for people to work in mining in WA.

We got a fantastic tip from the Commonwealth Bank chap to rather look at my wifes skills as a route to apply for a visa... turned out to be a really nice heads up... my IT skills are throttled while her skills are seriously in demand! Got our invite and visa relatively quickly.

While it was hard to talk to anyone specifically as there are too many people it is a good place to go and listen... my two cents worth.