osteperosis/osteadritis and some other osteo

KalahariHarry

Someone pls advise.

Mother in law has osteoporosis,osteoarthritis some other osteo too and takes depression medication.

Can someone please advise if this will fail you on your medical or where can i get that info, it there a link on the immi site about conditions not allowed in for PR???

Mother in law freaking out...

pls

trev

rheumatoid arthritis or something

Trevor, I'll be applying with my mom as dependent as well, and have done quite a bit of reading about this. The best solution I've found is this entire thread - specifically, have a look at Gollywobbler's posts throughout the thread:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/103038-aged-parent-dependant-you.html

It has all the facts you need to stand your ground with anyone who tries to say no. Unless they have a reason to believe that your dependent WILL cost the Australian government more than $21,000 in the first three years, they're not going to decline.

Good luck!

@mistermoose,

She wont be my dependent. They want to apply on their own at a later stage...

Trev

Whatever the visa, the medical decision remains one that is based on evaluating whether the applicant will cost the state more than $21k over a three year period. If not, then the medical condition/s she has shouldn't negatively her visa application.

Edited by mistermoose

From previous messages I remember someone saying that if you have a condition they may not like, you might not be declined a visa, but there could be a condition that you pay for health insurance. I think this would give hope to the idea that even with these conditions, it may be granted. I dont know about conditions that are specific to a decline or this kind of condition tho!