Human resources requirements and jobs available

Lenista

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any people on this forum currently occupying a hr position in oz? If so what advise can be given for me ( only started with the visa application process). I am considering enrolling to do an Oz related hr course to be familiar with Oz labour relations. Do you think this would be an advantage?

Is it hard to find a hr job??

Hope to hear from all the hr people out there!!

Hi. I am not in HR, but do want to wish you only the best. Hope you get lots of answers...

Hi Lenista, Im a Recruiter but have not found a job yet.

What I would strongly advise, and what I did, was to enroll for a Certificate IV @ TAFE NSW in Human Resource Management. It cost me $550 and I did it over 6 months. It has 10 subjects that includes everything you can ever do in HR, from finance, labour relations, interviews, OHS, Team management etc. Lots of work but I have 2 smallish kids and it is doable. I enjoyed it very much and its not that difficult at all.

With no ozzie experience if you have an ozzie qualification it would serve you well. The other qualification that people say is good for a start is the Cert IV in OHS. If you have time, do both, but since you are in HR I would definitely start with the HR one

I live in Canberra so the market is much smaller than the bigger cities but I check SEEK everyday and there are a couple of jobs in HR...so they are there. To get in though is another matter. I cannot say exactly how the job market is yet because Im too recent here and most companies and people are still on leave. Only from Feb I think can I start gauging whether my applications are being processed or not. So far I have not heard back from anyone, not even a regret so Im assuming (and hoping) its just because they have not processed it yet.

good luck with your process!

Edited by Toitjie
  • Like 1

Hi Lenista

I was in employee relations in RSA and work as an ER officer as a public servant here in Perth.

I totally agree with Toitjie and think the Certificate IV in hr is a good qualification to have in Australia. It's also about building relationships with people in my opinion.It's not an impossible market to crack but it takes some homework and patience.

@toitjie I'm sure you'll start hearing from people soon.

• Like 1

Beware , Tafe fees for 2014 have increased phenomenally .

I enrolled my son for a pre apprenticeship and was just give a bill for a 6 month course for 3 days a week at $2800 last year same course was $600.

Ridiculous , and you can't Hecs tafe fees!!!!

• Like 1