Plan is to immigrate to WA

ftt

Hi there everyone. My name is Terence and I am planning to apply for a visa (or send a EOI) by July. Theres so much things that need to be done though.

My plan is to apply for the following Visa. "Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)"

You need the following for this Visa:

• been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area
  • nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list
  • a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
  • not yet turned 50 years of age
  • achieved the score specified in your letter of invitiation based on the factors in the points test
  • at least competent English

I think my brother will be able to sponsor me as he lives in bunbury about 200km south of Perth and my occupation is on the list.

Has anyone else applied for this Visa before? And what would my next step be? Should I get in contact with the Skills assesment people or do the EOI first and once selected will they tell me what to do next?

Thanks

T.

Hi Terrence and welcome to the forum family, a family full of knowledge and with family members willing to share and care.

I don't know about the 489 as we applied for the 190 State sponsored. If I may ask, why did you decide on this specific one?

Good luck with the process and please keep us posted.

Hi Terrence and welcome to the forum family, a family full of knowledge and with family members willing to share and care.

I don't know about the 489 as we applied for the 190 State sponsored. If I may ask, why did you decide on this specific one?

Good luck with the process and please keep us posted.

Hi Bams, Its the only one where my brother can sponsor me as far as i'm aware. The others all need either the state or government agencies to sponsor you.

Hi Terrance

Welcome! there is great knowledge and support here.

Is your skill on SOL list 1 or 2? if its on 1, then you dont need a sponsor and you can get PR which is the aim. If not, then the process you are talking about will be the best way in i think.

I did it the 189 PR route and dont know much about the sponsored path.

Only once you have the skills assessment done (and a few other steps such as the English exams) then you do EOI, not before!!

Your brother may need to do a few things from his side...he should start planning and gathering documents now.

When you get to the point of submitting your EOI, select all visas that you are eligible for...may open other doors. Ideally you dont want to restrict yourself. You may receive an invite for another type of visa...who knows!

Start with the Skills assessment people and find out what you need. start gathering the unabridged documents for home affairs, check your passport expiry date and keep hunting for info so that you can understand the process.

Good luck with the process, keep your eyes on the goal

Hi Terrance

Welcome! there is great knowledge and support here.

Is your skill on SOL list 1 or 2? if its on 1, then you dont need a sponsor and you can get PR which is the aim. If not, then the process you are talking about will be the best way in i think.

I did it the 189 PR route and dont know much about the sponsored path.

Only once you have the skills assessment done (and a few other steps such as the English exams) then you do EOI, not before!!

Your brother may need to do a few things from his side...he should start planning and gathering documents now.

When you get to the point of submitting your EOI, select all visas that you are eligible for...may open other doors. Ideally you dont want to restrict yourself. You may receive an invite for another type of visa...who knows!

Start with the Skills assessment people and find out what you need. start gathering the unabridged documents for home affairs, check your passport expiry date and keep hunting for info so that you can understand the process.

Good luck with the process, keep your eyes on the goal

Thank you MrandMrsK

When you say the SOL list 1 and 2 are you referring to the SOL and CSOL list? My occupation (Computer Network Systems Engineer) is on both. The reason I want to have my brother sponsor me is purely for the points I will gain from it.

One thing you can start doing now is get unabridged birth certificates for everyone coming with you. Unabridged marriage certificates as well. Although you can apply for any visa without using an agent, I recommend that it is prudent to use one. There are ones that members of this forum can vouch for. Good luck with the process. It has many ups and downs but it is so worth it.

yes thats what i meant. sorry, couldnt recall the proper terms!

Its great that you are on both!! as i suggested before, still tick all the boxes when you choose your desired visa on the EOI...there may be a cheaper/easier/faster option in the pack.

Good luck and stay in touch