The heat this week

mistermoose

Official temperatures are always measured in the shade. So 43 degrees is much hotter than what it sounds.

Well I did well, sat in the TV room, doors closed, air conditioner on 18, and enjoyed a recorded program session! Think I may just do that for the rest of the week! I looooove retirement!

• Like 3

With our heatwave abt a week ago, our themometer recorded 41.8 on the patio :o We just stayed inside with the aircon on :ilikeit:

Good luck!!

Its hotter than it sounds - even had to wet the cats down to help them cope. You set foot outside and promptly wonder who left the fan forced oven on. You find all sorts of interesting places to "shop" based solely on their airconditioner.

Lucky it's still school holidays so we don't go out. Kids are (making a mess) playing inside. Later this afternoon we'll go for a swim to cool down.

Nah, i dont think its as hot as it sounds.. In Adelaide its been 42, 45 and 45 the past 3 days. I still managed to cycle home 15km without to many issues.

Well, then you're a nutter.

• Like 3

Nah, i dont think its as hot as it sounds.. In Adelaide its been 42, 45 and 45 the past 3 days. I still managed to cycle home 15km without to many issues.

I'm sure Adelaide has some really nice mental hospitals...

• Like 1

In our pool!! :D:D Pity it's just a rental house but we are enjoying it while we can!!

If we didn't have a pool (and previously we didn't) we:

A. Buy a cheap but huge blow up pool from K-mart and paddle in it until it goes green and the heatwave is over.

B. Jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler going (new one for us as we just got a trampoline for Christmas)

C. Go to the local outdoor or indoor public pool. There are actually quite a few public pools, some with waves, slides, etc. I prefer the outdoor ones.

D. Go to the beach either very early (we were there from 9 - 10:30 the other morning) or really late in the afternoon although with this heatwave the hottest time is around 5pm so that doesn't really work. But the sea is actually lovely and warm then because it's quite shallow in the bay area.

E. Eye neighbours / friends who do have a pool and hope they invite us round for a swim.

Here is a pic I took earlier this week on a bayside beach (so really still a city beach hence no waves) I discovered called Keast Park Horse beach (you can actually ride your horse on this beach at certain times) and it was stunning!! Water so clear and cool, shallow far in so very safe for kids. Little fish swimming around - just gorgeous!! An there were about 10 people on the beach including us.

995028_10151909571755897_416814530_n.jpg

:ilikeit: So there are options...

Edited by Sibella
  • Like 2

Thats a beautiful beach Sibella!

In Canberra it reached the 40's as well....at 2pm it was still 38 degrees. I took the kids yesterday to the Murrumbudgee (sorry if I misspelt it) river for a swim which was nice, there is a huge sandbank like a beach, and a very large but shallow pool to just sit and cool down in. Tomorrow we will do the public pool though.