Warning : Don't drive while driving, you'll get a ticket

HadEnoughofJuju

post-16626-0-67989900-1389602309_thumb.j
  • Like 1

LOL have seen that one before I think... there are some really... interesting ones!

I think all bounces back to the jobs being handed out to the unqualified, racially motivated. Education as well, but if you're hired for your competency, well ...

I have heard some real rippers but unfortunately this is a family friendly forum so I can't repeat any of them.

On the flip side, a well timed comeback can get one off the hook.

I was on my way to work one evening to turn on the generators during the scheduled load shedding in Pretoria. I worked for a hosting company which had 22 servers with sites, mail and a host of other client data which could not go down.

At the time I was driving my wife's car which was an old, slightly temperamental, 1981 leyland mini. Mr Bean's car if you will.

I say temperamental because the headlights used to do this disappearing act and just randomly switch off and the only way to get them back on again was to stop the car and reboot it so to speak. Must have been running windows 98 first edition SP1.

Well on said night the Windows run mini had absolutely impecable timing and the lights went off as I was going through a bend which was notorious for having cops on the other side of it and yup I got stopped.

I rolled down the window and politely greated the officer handing him my license in the process, to which he responded with the question of if I was aware that my lights weren't working and that I was in for a R500 fine.

So I said the first thing that popped into my head. "Yes officer, of course I know why my lights aren't working. It's because of the load shedding."

He handed me my license, trying very hard not to laugh and told me to #@$# off and don't let it happen again.

• Like 1

I have heard some real rippers but unfortunately this is a family friendly forum so I can't repeat any of them.

On the flip side, a well timed comeback can get one off the hook.

I was on my way to work one evening to turn on the generators during the scheduled load shedding in Pretoria. I worked for a hosting company which had 22 servers with sites, mail and a host of other client data which could not go down.

At the time I was driving my wife's car which was an old, slightly temperamental, 1981 leyland mini. Mr Bean's car if you will.

I say temperamental because the headlights used to do this disappearing act and just randomly switch off and the only way to get them back on again was to stop the car and reboot it so to speak. Must have been running windows 98 first edition SP1.

Well on said night the Windows run mini had absolutely impecable timing and the lights went off as I was going through a bend which was notorious for having cops on the other side of it and yup I got stopped.

I rolled down the window and politely greated the officer handing him my license in the process, to which he responded with the question of if I was aware that my lights weren't working and that I was in for a R500 fine.

So I said the first thing that popped into my head. "Yes officer, of course I know why my lights aren't working. It's because of the load shedding."

He handed me my license, trying very hard not to laugh and told me to #@$# off and don't let it happen again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO!!!

Will this ticket be still valid with such an error? All bounces back to our quality of education.

Doubt it, for a ticket to be valid it has to actually have a traffic offense listed on it.

Examples include:

Driving while under the influenza.

Intoxicating a motor vehicle.

Driving a vehicle in poor conditions.

Failing to indicate when indicating.

Operating a hooter in a silent area.

:P:whome::P

Seen one of those pics with a guy being fined because his reverse lights only work when the car is in reverse gear ......

:rolleyes:-_-

• Like 1