Electrical Engineer looking for work in Aus

andreroets

Hi every one

I have my 174 Visa, but all I need now is a work in Australia.

Does anyone know of a good agent that can help me maybe?

I'm an Electrical Engineer and I am looking for work in the Electrical Industry.

Any help will be appreciated

Andre

Edited by andreroets

I'm in Pretoria South Africa still, but looking to move to Aus. I did activate my Visa April last year. I have no restrictions. I like the Adelaide area but like they say, beggars can’t choose so any of the 5 major cities is fine with me. Thanks

To be honest I think you should consider moving over and looking for work, you going to be wasting a lot of time trying to do it from here. It is not very easy, not to say impossible to find a job but you going to certainly be up against local people on the ground who will get those jobs ahead of you, especially with a softer economy that Australia currently has.

I am not sure if you need any specific health and safety certificates etc, if you need to do a license etc, have you looked into any of that as yet ? I know electrician themselves require all sort of other stuff to be able to work.

All my certificates have been approved by the Engineering council of Australia seeing I have my 175 Skilled Migrant Visa. I have the letters from them to add on any of my applicants. But yes I understand what you say about rather being in Aus and apply. Just thought that someone might have a contact or so to help. I have contacted 2 agencies there all ready but it seems like the recruitment guys work totally deferent then the guys here because here they promote you and there its like easy going. But thanks for the info

Just make sure you look into the licensing situation in Australia, every state has different laws etc.

For instance you go to study to be an electrician, get your N6 etc, that however does not mean you are licensed to be an electrician, you still need to obtain a license there after.

So your engineering Australia verification you did was for immigration purposes to explain to immigration that you meet their requirements.

Now you need to ensure that you have all the relevant documentation, I think they call it cards in Australia, white card, blue card, green card etc and then you need your license for electrical engineering after that, you can find information here by clicking on the license section which will give you a list of authorities for each state http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/e/electrical-engineer.htm#LICE you would most likely have some studies to do and some exams to write to indicate you understand all of the laws and requirements for that state.

Andre

Much depends on your industry background, construction, mining, public etc. This is probably an old link and is more about migrating to Victoria, but may have some links that give you pointers about where to look for work, networking etc http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/working-and-employment/occupations/electrical-engineer

• 4 weeks later...