And another newbie

LoveisSebastian

Hi!

Yes, I am new here. From my initial browsing this forum seems to be packed with useful information and helpful people. (I dont really know where to start reading)

We (me, hubby and 1 year old son) started this journey around mid/end last year with lots of discussion and decision making. Its a really tough one!

And have been in contact with an Agent since around October last year. Took a while to get all the VETASSESS docs together and now waiting to see what happens with that. I have applied as a Training and Development professional and states/territories willing to sponsor my skills are South Australia or Central Australian District.

Although it seems Central Aus District has more job opportunities, South Australia seems like a great lifestyle option. Any comments or input will be appreciated though. Good schools are obviously also extremely important.

I still get a knot in my stomach about this decision every now and again and even doubtfull about whether it is the right one.

I am looking forward to the wonderful support provided in this forum!

Helena

• Like 1

I am keen to hear what your experiences are, especially from a work/employment perspective as I am a Training and Development professional as well.

Good luck with the process! I've made my decision a few days ago so we are still in the beginning stage. I've also spend a good couple of hours on here and there is a lot of info on here!!

The job opportunities go along the lines of Sydney & Melbourne have most of the jobs (Depending on the industry) and it goes down from there, i would do the investigation on seek.com.au and see where you can find work, lots of peeps struggle to get work so going where the best lifestyle is may not be the best solution.

On the flip side you go where you can get sponsorship and just make it work, even if it means holding out for the2 years and them moving somewhere better it is well worth it

Welcome to the forum.

We are heading for Melbourne as soon as the Visa is granted and really looking forward to it.

This is a roller coaster ride and your emotions will probably play lots of ups and downs with you. Mine still goes here and there from time to time, BUT I am 100% convinced that Oz will be a better life for me, my hubby and our precious daughter.

Good luck with the journey and shout with any questions.

Hi and Welcome!

Loads of mixed feelings through out the process, I feel for you as I still go through it every day. One day you are super excited, the next day you feel stressed out and act like a crazy person. We decided on South Australia for the main reason: lifestyle, we love the more relaxed lifestyle as well as the fact that there are so many churches in South Australia (The city of churches). The more we research South Australia the more we fall in love with it. Apparently there is a few schools in the Adelaide Hills that are rated among the best in Aus. Research the forum under schools & education as well. You will get loads of info there.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

Welcome and good luck!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the process...one day at a time is a good philosophy... :)