New to SAAustralia

Drachlan

HI Everyone,

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

My brother moved over on a 190 visa in June 2013 and he is loving it. The wife and I plus 2 kids (1 yr and 2yr) are looking to move as well, my brother is loving it, this has calmed my nerves a little, cos i would be selling up everything to move over.....it not so easy to do as just talking about doing it.

I am a registered Professional Engineer (Mechanical) with ECSA and the wife is a Registered Nurse with SANC. Both professions are on the SOL list, I know what needs to be done to get the skills assessment for my engineering qualification, but I am uncertain of they will accept the wifes nursing diploma, any advice on wheter it worth be worthwhile trying to get the wifes qualifications assessed or rather try to get by on just my engineering qualification.

Thanks for any responses, I will post all my other questions int he other relevant boards.

Regards

Edited by Drachlan
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum

I can't be absolutely sure, but seem to remember reading about difficulties with nursing qualifications, it may well have something to with diploma vs degree qualifications.

Always go with who has the degree and hopefully someone can answer properly re the nursing qualifications, otherwise contact the assessing body and see what you can find.

It is a scary for all of us at one time or another, but there are so many of us now settled and loving life.............you also have the benefit of your brother being here,it is a wonderful bonus to have family here and makes the transition so much easier............good luck.

Welcome, I hope you find many of your answers here and that your journey to Australia is a stress free experience.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the process.

I thing you will be fine going over on just your Engineering. My husband did his engineering science studies and we are applying with his trade only. Our agents are very positive that we will get that visa.

Good luck, and keep us posted!