Perth Belmont job

Kooskrokodil

My previous company offered me a job in Perth in Belmont. An early Christmas present! !! Any suggestions where to stay with no more than 25min travel time, public or private. We have three kids in primary school with the eldest going to secondary school in 2015 so we have to look at that as well.

I know a lot of south africans stay NOR close the ocean but that is probably too far.

We are moving Feb so your comments are appreciated.

Thanks

Kobus

Hi Kobus

I would look at Carine - 23km from Belmont or Duncraig (25km), Karrinyup. as they have really good primary & high schools, it would take longer to get to work during peak time though. Areas a bit closer would be Balcatta, Ballajura, City of Stirling, but I have no idea what these areas are like for schooling!

Would one use the train from there? Or can one drive? I only know joburg traffic and there one can easily drive 60min on 25km. Or is the Perth traffic not that bad? Thanks

Congrats on your new job.

Its a scheelp to take the train to Belmont from North of the River. It just takes to long, nothing direct. If you are going to work in Belmont , look at areas closer to Belmont. I am not sure what you budget is , but areas like Guilford, Bassendean , Rivervale ,Lathlain etc I am not sure about the school in the area , hopefully someone else can let you know.

Good luck

I worked in Belmont for a year, and while it is a relatively central area it is not ideal for train commuting. I drove about 45 min each way from Joondalup. The Swan valley area is a close drive, look at areas like the Vines and all around there. SOR places like Como are an option.

Would the traffic be less from Ellenbrook and the Vines? I see its about 22km from Belmont.

there is no way i would live NOR if working in Belmont- travel will drive you nuts! Whilst I would easily live in the Vines, that would only be because I am a golf nut!- travelling from there would require a passport!!

plenty of good schools in the in the Leeming,Bull Creek and Murdoch areas. Murdoch is a great area, but will require plenty of $$$$$$!

and have a look at Bassendean